Respected Contributor

I like jazz...no, I LOVE jazz.  Good jazz.  This is NOT good jazz IMHO, it's jarring and puts my teeth on edge and it's really unfortunate that they seem to run it in the background throughout the show.  Wonder if the music was her choice, or someone elses.

Honored Contributor

Re: YHJ Holiday Theme....YUCK

I've noticed a lot of stations, including some news stations and entertainment new stations, play a kind of hyped up music in the background a lot of the time. I think it is nervewracking.

To me its the same thing when so many websites think moving things constantly is catchy and innovative. I think it too is nervewracking and distracting and just as I am trying to look at something, the image jumps to something else.

This seems to be the new way-put lots of stuff on, in pictures, sound, heck, throw something in for all the senses!

Maybe they think people will be bored if its simple, understandable, and user friendly.

It just makes me change the channel or get off the site.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

She had the same music last year in her christmas shows  as well.  I feel it is her choice jill wouldn't let someone else choose the music for her shows, against her personality.

Respected Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

She had the same music last year in her christmas shows  as well.  I feel it is her choice jill wouldn't let someone else choose the music for her shows, against her personality.

You're right, I'm sure it's her choice.  I also realize music is a very personal choice, but man oh man...I just can't stand to hear it!  I remember it from last year and I had to keep her show on mute most of the time.

Trusted Contributor

Funny you should mention music.  I've been looking forward to tonight's shows and am just sitting here enjoying a cup of coffee thinking maybe I can get some Christmas shopping done.  Well one of our neighbors decided to clean out the family car and has the stereo blaring just feet from our window.  It's not a huge thing but it's very distracting and please, please, please ~ let me watch my shows in peace.  Maybe?  Please?

Respected Contributor

@Julie928 - arghhhhh, sorry you're dealing with that.  If your luck is like mine, your neighbor will finish about the time the show is over!

Trusted Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana ~  Ain't that the truth, lol?  We've been at odds with them in the past but finally buried the hatchet, so to speak.  I prefer getting along much more than being at odds so I don't want to say anything but someday.......SOMEDAY I'll have my place in the country.  (The way I've been spending this weekend that won't happen anytime soon, though)!  :-)

Honored Contributor

Well, does anyone remember the Nadia Faye music QVC used to play during their promos----OR the off key cowboy that sang another QVC theme song!!!!  There were so many complaints that QVC FINALLY changed back to instrumental music for show promos and for show theme music---HOWEVER, it seems that songs with lyrics are back in the mix and those are equally as grating on ones nerves ---first the Saturday Morninq Q theme song, "Good Morning Beautiful" (I usually watch AM STYLE on Saturday and can't change the channel fast enough so I don't hear that song!) And Sunday's With Carolyn And Dan and Rick Springfield's theme song "Down"  it's annoying when Dan and Carolyn are trying to talk and the song drowns them out!!!  And now Jill's "Jazz Song" ---- I think QVC likes to ANNOY their customers with their music selection! I don't know sometimes to laugh or shake my head! Woman Tongue

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Julie928 wrote:

Funny you should mention music.  I've been looking forward to tonight's shows and am just sitting here enjoying a cup of coffee thinking maybe I can get some Christmas shopping done.  Well one of our neighbors decided to clean out the family car and has the stereo blaring just feet from our window.  It's not a huge thing but it's very distracting and please, please, please ~ let me watch my shows in peace.  Maybe?  Please?

@Julie928  THAT can be VERY ANNOYING!!!!  You can't even watch your TV in peace......  I had a neighbor like that---I would expect it out of teenagers, but this guy was teacher of all things---apparently he didn't have a home stereo or radio so he would go sit in his pickup truck in his driveway and BLAST away with his music at all hours---I finally got fed up and started calling the "noise police" (I didn't even have to give my name so he wasn't sure who called) since he showed no consideration for those that had to get up early to go to work (apparently he functioned on no sleep)----he eventually moved---and their was much rejoicing! People can be so inconsiderate!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

Maybe it's because I'm older now (in my 40's), but I seem to find loud, obnoxious music pretty much anywhere & everywhere you go.  The other day my mom & I were out running errands and decided to run in HomeGoods to take a look around.  The music was so loud we literally walked in and turned around and walked out.  Same with Talbot's.  I went there the other day to pick something up and couldn't believe how loud the music was.  Talbot's!  I read a complaint on their facebook page about the music not too long ago (it was a different store from the one I was in).  Forget about going out to eat most places.  I don't know ~ maybe I'm showing my age, although I feel like I'm 20, lol!  :-)