Respected Contributor

Re: What are you wishing for this "Christmas in July" (from QVC)?

@Regal Bee   The way you decorated and displayed this tree is just absolutely stunning; looks like a professional set decorator did it.

Mine is the same size and the clear lights as in your photo and my living room is blue and grey and mostly silver  and mirrored type accents.  It has a bit of an Art Deco edge to it.  You've inspired me so now I'll be on the lookout for ornaments in the colors you have used so expertly.

Think my three little grandsons will still prefer my many colored ornaments tree, which is a fuller 5 ft. Hallmark tree with clear lights--also from the Q--just have to find the right spot for it.  Maybe the master bedroom, there is plenty of room and floor space for them to play around it.

Thank you for posting!

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise And people wonder why we like Christmas in July.

It gives us time to plan and test ideas out and purchase what we really need when there is an ample supply at a really good price.

I hate the frantic last minute dash that December can become if I don't have things organized ahead of time so I can enjoy the actual holiday without any panic and within budget and with no worries of having to risk slogging through ice or snow to get out to do Christmas purchases of any type, if you can even find what you need or want--like a new string of size X lights.

Respected Contributor

@aroc3435   Thank you, how very sweet you are.

Believe it or not, I found most of these ornaments at Home Depot in a big plastic container. I almost let out a yelp because the blue/teal was the exact color I wanted.

I am a big kid about Christmas and just love the decorating, baking, entertaining and just everything.

One of my trees, last year, had colored lights.....first time in about 25 years, and I just fell in love with it. To me, it was just magical and I can't wait to see Valerie's trees this year. The shipping charges are my achilles heels.....yikes. I may just buy a plain tree and apply my own lights. I do love tons of lights.

It is so much fun to think about and plan............................Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Mary Bailey  I use QVC bags and love them but the $1. Store has huge ones in plastic with a cord and tags.. I always need large sturdy ones. They come out when the Xmas decorations do and I always but some.

Esteemed Contributor

@Beauty Maven , I love those 19" Heritage lanterns.  I have a bronze one which is my favorite.  Then a few months ago I ordered the red 19" from the original Heritage series, H205418, the one with an attached candle.  It was a really low Limited Quantity price ($33) so I had to get it. 

I ended up not crazy about the brighter red for year-round use, even though it would've been perfect for holiday and patriotic.   I painted it a darker flat red (spray paint) and now it's just how I envisioned it for my purposes.  

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@Susan Louise   I ordered the 5 ft. on 8/25/18 and it shipped on 8/31.  Price was $119.00 with $18.98 S&H and tax of $7.94 for a grand total of $145.92.

--------

@aroc3435  @Regal Bee  @Susan Louise  

So many reviews of the five foot tree say it is not nearly that tall. Four and a half feet was mentioned. Is that accurate? My tree would sit on the floor so maybe I should get the seven footer and hope it is only six feet tall LOL.

Respected Contributor

@AuntG When it is placed in the holder that comes with it the tree is 5 ft., per the online details.  I am 5 ft. 7 inches and had no problem reaching to hang the ornaments or position the tree top ornament on it.  So you might prefer the 7 ft. one, which I think will be a tad wider, though still providing the slim profile.  Or, you could place it on a table to boost its height.

I plan on using the revolving tree stand with it this year, but I don't think that will affect the height.  I believe you use that stand instead of the standard one that comes with this tree.  I ordered the revolving one separately.  Right now, it is not available from QVC.  Maybe it will be sold by them again.  If not, can probably find it elsewhere.

I think last year I found it on Amazon, before ordering from the Q because Q's price was better.

I am not rushing the summer away, since it is my favorite of all the four seasons weather wise (temp is 93 and muggy here in DC today and several days more like it in the offing) but I am excited at the prospect of creating the Christmas magic in my house in December for my three little grandsons--oldest will be 6 this fall.

He used painter's tape last Christmas Eve on his Mom and Dad's living room floor to make an "arrow" path for Santa from the working fireplace to the 8 ft. real tree in the corner of their living room so that Santa wouldn't "get lost" and miss out on the cookies and milk and hay for the reindeer as he informed his parents.  So adorable how much he absolutely believes.  I suspect the almost 4 year old will start to follow suit this year.

I wish you the best in making the right decision.  This tree is really lovely, even before you add ornaments.

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435 Kids sure do make it a special time of year. It amazes me what they come up with. As for the tree, maybe putting it on a low table is the way to go. Thanks for responding.

Respected Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@aroc3435 wrote:

@Susan Louise   I ordered the 5 ft. on 8/25/18 and it shipped on 8/31.  Price was $119.00 with $18.98 S&H and tax of $7.94 for a grand total of $145.92.

--------

So many reviews of the five foot tree say it is not nearly that tall. Four and a half feet was mentioned. Is that accurate? My tree would sit on the floor so maybe I should get the seven footer and hope it is only six feet tall LOL.

@AuntG  I don't know the exact measurement of the five foot tree but I think it is too short to place on the floor. It was perfect for a tabletop, for me. It is a beautiful tree.

Honored Contributor

@Regal Bee wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

@aroc3435 wrote:

--------

@AuntG  I don't know the exact measurement of the five foot tree but I think it is too short to place on the floor. It was perfect for a tabletop, for me. It is a beautiful tree.

@Regal Bee   I have it on a one and a half foot or so table in the bedroom and it is plenty tall on that table.