Respected Contributor

Re: What are you wishing for this "Christmas in July" (from QVC)?

@panda1234   Valerie's book was published in 2000. She still looks great, doesn't she?

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

I would buy more products if there were fewer battery dependant items...fewer glittery items...fewer mercury glass items...no feathers...no fake looking flowers and no purple/pink colors!!!

My look is more a down home, mellow, handmade goods look.  I am looking for more natural wood, rustic, homespun-look items. More red, green, white and gold...

But above all, more items that are made better and are higher quality goods.  Several I purchased last year were poorly painted, chipped, did not work, on light did not last....not worth the price!!

I agree with better quality and natural materials (not plastic), and most of the rest of what you wrote.

Thank you, @corita 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

These are all ideas for next year, too late to request this year's Christmas decor.   I have no requests, and hope I don't see anything that I love, but that hasn't happened yet, lol.

Respected Contributor

@Regal Bee wrote:

@panda1234   Valerie's book was published in 2000. She still looks great, doesn't she?

She looks the same today......ageless @Regal Bee .

Honored Contributor

Well many many years ago I used to wait for CIJ as QVC used to do it July 25 which is my birthday.  And great unique buys with CIJ pricing.

Now, it's just like QVC Christmas leftover warehouse sale & gets earlier & earlier every year -- pretty soon it'll be after Easter😉

I don't need anymore Christmas decorations & honestly, if I did every store (Hobby Lobby, joanne's, Old Time Pottery, Michaels, etc.) has the Fall & Christmas things on the shelves at better prices too!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AuntG wrote:
A VPH tree like she offered last year. I shouldn't have let it get away.

@AuntG  Was it any of the glitter trees? I think it was you who wanted the 5'.

All of them are back in stock...3', 5', 7' and 9'...both in the colored lights and the clear/white lights.

We love both of ours...

I used the 5' colored and added a set of 100 'random' twinkle colored lights...

P4820159.JPG

And the 3' glitter tree with white/clear lights didn't need anymore lights and looks great without adding a single ornament too! Now that is what I call easy decorating! Smiley Very Happy

P4820187.JPG

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aroc3435 wrote:

@AuntG   If you mean Valerie Parr Hill's Incandescent Slim Christmas Tree they still have it listed--H212741.  I got the five foot one last August and it is lovely.  I ordered it because I didn't want it to slip away from me.  

The previous year I purchased the 5 ft. Hallmark tree and that was also very nice, but I especially liked the "slim" profile of Valerie's.

I did not click on each size when I checked just now but the 3, 5, 7 and 9 ft. are all listed under the above-referenced item number.

Hopefully, if it is meant to be for you, you will get it this year.  

Looks like my 5 ft. Valerie tree is a higher price than I paid, but I don't remember if I caught a sale when I purchased or not.

@aroc3435  For the 5' tree I ordered on 12/2/2018, I paid $134 (which wasn't the sale price). I remember I waited too long to order...total w/ S&H & tax was $143.34.

The current CIJ 'sale' price is $119...I don't remember what it was last year.

The 3' tree I bought back on 9/22/2018 for $69...with S&H and tax the total was $80.44

So the current CIJ 'sale' price is the exact same as what I paid last year Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise   I ordered the 5 ft. on 8/25/18 and it shipped on 8/31.  Price was $119.00 with $18.98 S&H and tax of $7.94 for a grand total of $145.92.

Respected Contributor

I have the Valerie 5 ft tree with clear lights.....it is beautiful and this year, I am looking for the one with colored lights.

Below is the five footer in our dining room.

2286-RT.jpg

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@Susan Louise   I ordered the 5 ft. on 8/25/18 and it shipped on 8/31.  Price was $119.00 with $18.98 S&H and tax of $7.94 for a grand total of $145.92.

@aroc3435  It's good to know that the price has remained the same for those interested in buying the glitter trees this year.

Honestly, I'm considering getting another 3' for our kitchen. I'll have to bring up the one we have and test out how it will look on top of our fridge or the pantry cabinet before I order.