Valued Contributor

Re: What Are The Chances Of More New Trees?

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@SweetSydney wrote:

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@SweetSydney wrote:

What are the chances QVC will bring in more new trees before CIJ is over?

I'm hoping to see a multi colored light tree with "PRIMARY" colors.

No pink, lavendar, raspberry!  Just the old fashioned, traditional colors, please! 🎄 

@AKgirl2
I like the primary colors, but I also like some purple, pink (not pastel pink). I miss the colors (and the quality of lights my Dad put on our Christmas trees when I was growing up. Big ceramic bulbs. I remember the year he put the mini lights on the tree and I was so disappointed.

@SweetSydney ~ The large lights (C 9) we remember from childhood on our trees were primary colors of red, blue, green, orange, yellow.  For me, these are the traditional multi colors I prefer for my tree.  Most of the trees I see offered in stores and on line, have the pinkish, purple and turquoise blue color's mixed in with the red, and green.  I put my own traditional colored lights on the tree, but it's such a tedious process.  I do love the end results though! 

@AKgirl2
My Dad had the large (C9) lights and he did have a beautiful pink on the strings of lights.  I'm talking many years ago. My Dad died at the age of 69 in 1997. My husband & I have 1 pre-lit tree, but the other trees he puts the lights on himself. You're right, it's a tedious process, but worth it. I'll give you a tip on an easy way to put the lights on. Instead of going around the tree, do a section at a time, from top to bottom. It's easier and then you don't tangle lights when you take them off.

I'm pretty,but I'm not beautiful.
I sin, but I'm not the devil.
I'm good,but I'm not an angel.
Marilyn Monroe
Valued Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

I'm posting this info here in the event anyone is interested in the Santa's Best tree(s).

In 2016, we purchased one of their TSV trees (flocked).  When it arrived, we put it together to make sure it worked.  The remote wouldn't work, so we contacted Q and they referred us to Santa's Best.  Contacted them and sent us a new remote; relatively easy with no questions.  We tried it and it worked.

Is the tree nice?  yes, but I'm not wowed by it.  It does have various colors and you can make it "morph" into different colors.  IMO, the flocking is too much, but once lit, the colors show up well, though I'm not in love with the pinks and purples.

Fast forward to 2017 - set up the tree and turned it on to have to colors change to the multi color and all of a sudden, the bulbs at the top of the tree and bottom all changed and stayed a soft white color; they would not change and it looked very weird.

Ok, so we called SB and reported what happened; they told us they no longer had that tree in stock and couldn't ship us another one until after the beginning of 2018. We told them that was just not acceptable, so they told us to email them a copy of our receipt from Q which we did and ended up getting a check made payable to me for the tree plus the S&H.

I can't complain about their customer service; however, I would not purchase another one.

@HisElk1
After everything I've read about Santa's Best trees, I wouldn't buy one. But it's nice to hear how well their customer service treated you.

Marilyn Monroe
Valued Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

Lights that are too bright is another thing with a lot of these pre lit trees .  Glaringly bright white lights .....no thank you !

I tried the slim trees also and they are space savers, but they just don’t do it for me either. 

@Azcowgirl
I agree with you about some of the pre-lit trees with white lights that are too bright. I have a beautiful 8' tree with clear lights and the lights are not too bright.
I don't like the slim trees either.
A friend of mine has a "pencil" tree, and she puts it in front of her huge bay window in her Great room and it looks ridiculous.

Marilyn Monroe
Respected Contributor

@SweetSydney, yes, their CS was very accommodating so I'll give them that.  With S&H, the tree was a bit over $400.  I was actually surprised when DH saw it and wanted to order one as we don't usually spend that kind of $ on a holiday item.

One thing I've learned is the more fancy features it offers, the more things can go "haywire".  I need to find one that has less bells and whistles on it.  I suspect we'll be looking for one locally.

Valued Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

@SweetSydney, yes, their CS was very accommodating so I'll give them that.  With S&H, the tree was a bit over $400.  I was actually surprised when DH saw it and wanted to order one as we don't usually spend that kind of $ on a holiday item.

One thing I've learned is the more fancy features it offers, the more things can go "haywire".  I need to find one that has less bells and whistles on it.  I suspect we'll be looking for one locally.

@HisElk1
My husband & I had a similar problem. 4 years ago we bought the floor model "Decorator" tree from a department store that didn't sell Christmas trees. That year the new manager decided to sell the "Decorator" trees. We had problems with the lights. My husband called the company and they picked up the floor model and shipped us a brand new tree. We paid $30.00for an 8' pre-lit tree.
I would never buy a tree with any functions because I agree with you, "What can go wrong, will go wrong".

Marilyn Monroe
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SweetSydney wrote:

@Regal Bee wrote:

I am also looking for more trees on the Q.

I'm having company all through December and my husband and I have decided to put trees up everywhere in our home. I am actually going to decorate the 7 foot slender tree in the family room with colored lights. I haven't done this in years! Hubby is so happy about that.

I am so looking forward to it. Smiley Very Happy

@Regal Bee
We have an 8' tree in our Great room with clear lights, and I'm hoping Q brings in a tree with multi-color lights. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Always a good idea  to keep Hubby happy.Woman Wink

@SweetSydney  I already have a 7 foot slender tree without lights and I'm going to put my own colored lights on it.....tons of them. It is so easy to do with this tree. All the other trees will have clear lights but I want to make this one extra special for my husband.....he loves colored lights. In fact, our family room will scream color this year. He will be so happy. Smiley Very Happy

Edited to add:  I am also purchasing the Valerie 7 foot tree with clear lights. We are putting trees throughout our home this coming holiday. I am so excited. 

Valued Contributor

@Regal Bee wrote:

@SweetSydney wrote:

@Regal Bee wrote:

I am also looking for more trees on the Q.

I'm having company all through December and my husband and I have decided to put trees up everywhere in our home. I am actually going to decorate the 7 foot slender tree in the family room with colored lights. I haven't done this in years! Hubby is so happy about that.

I am so looking forward to it. Smiley Very Happy

@Regal Bee
We have an 8' tree in our Great room with clear lights, and I'm hoping Q brings in a tree with multi-color lights. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Always a good idea  to keep Hubby happy.Woman Wink

@SweetSydney  I already have a 7 foot slender tree without lights and I'm going to put my own colored lights on it.....tons of them. It is so easy to do with this tree. All the other trees will have clear lights but I want to make this one extra special for my husband.....he loves colored lights. In fact, our family room will scream color this year. He will be so happy. Smiley Very Happy

Edited to add:  I am also purchasing the Valerie 7 foot tree with clear lights. We are putting trees throughout our home this coming holiday. I am so excited. 

@Regal Bee
That sounds like a great idea! I need to buy a tree so we can add multi-colored lights.  I think your house is going to be beautiful for Christmas!

Marilyn Monroe
Respected Contributor

I love your idea of doing a tree especially for DH @Regal Bee ! I think I may copy your idea and do a really colorful room too!  🌲❤️🌲❤️🌲❤️🌲❤️🌲❤️🌲❤️🌲❤️🌲❤️🌲

Honored Contributor

@Azcowgirl and @Regal Bee It's nice to consider our DH's too. Mine prefers multi colored lights so we have two trees each year. I usually rotate which room they are in. This year, it will be multi in the living room and white in the rec room. I'm seriously thinking about his suggestion to use both themes outside. It won't look great, but we have 16 shrubs in our landscaping, and I might alternate white and multi lights.

Respected Contributor

@SweetSydney  Thank you! I must admit to being very excited. I am in a total Christmas mood this July.  I have made tons of notes and I want our home to be a Christmas joy.