Honored Contributor

Re: WalMart Christmas selections...

@GCR18 wrote:

Wal-Mart is good about moving out the old and bringing in the new.  Other stores could take a lesson.

The flamingo is cute.

They're too good at it! They had choir girls one year that I loved. I got three and wanted more, but when they sold out they stayed sold out and they've never brought them back. Here's a pic of the three I bought.

DSCF0056 (2).JPG

They must have had ten or more different ones, but they sold out quickly. Each girl was a little different. They all used the same ceramic/porcelain face and hands, but different outfits. I was planning to get one of each but they sold them out too quickly. I check each year to see if they bring them back, but it's been a long, long time now and they haven't.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@froggy wrote:

I found some really cute mini-light strings at WM. The lights are in different shapes like candy canes and snow men. They are battery operated and on a timer.

@froggy I just checked WM website for these lights but don't see them. Did you find them in the store or online? I am interested in the candy cane ones.

Respected Contributor

@froggy wrote:

I found some really cute mini-light strings at WM. The lights are in different shapes like candy canes and snow men. They are battery operated and on a timer.

@froggy nevermind. I found them on the website. They are only avaible in the store. I'll check my store this weekend. They have a nice Christmas display already.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@software wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@homedecor1

Love that flamingo...and I'm in Maryland!

Was just in a Super Walmart yesterday and the amount of Christmas stuff was overwhelming.....and fun to browse.  

I didn't see the flamingo, but will check back in a week or so.  They were still moving out the Halloween stuff, so not everything was up....but a lot was.  I wore myself out walking around the store looking at EVERYTHING.  Just amazing!  The amount of planning and such that must go into the manufacturing and ordering of all those little items.  

I know many hate Walmart....and hate all the early pushing of Christmas, but it doesn't bother me.  I still decorate when I want and with whatever I want, which is pretty minimal.

But, hey, if you want anything and everything and want to put it up in July, go to Walmart. 

@Witchy Woman

As far as Walmart.....the one near me is AWFUL, the employees are downright rude and unhelpful, cashiers argue with one another, store is junked up and dirty.....Now there are other Walmarts that are very nice, neat, clean, friendly employees, great merchandise---I guess it depends on the store Manager...... 

And I was at one of nice Walmarts last weekend, enjoyed shopping there, and a lot of good stuff in the Christmas Dept......

I don't know if this applies to you but the big Walmarts nearest me, in a big city are awful too.    When I have time, I try to go to a Walmart in a rural area.   I guess they have less foot traffic and the employees have time to keep the store neat.   But the difference is like night & day.

@software

You are right about the Walmarts in rural areas, we like to go visit small towns in the Texas Hill Country and those Walmarts are always nice! 

BUT my closest Walmart (which is AWFUL) is in a very nice suburban area....and the other 2 Walmarts are also in nice suburban areas too....I think the difference is the employees the Manager hires at the bad Walmart---those employees dont give darn about anything except their paycheck and they just do as little work as possible to get by-----as expressed by the arguments the cashiers have with one another about their hours and in front of the customers too. And that, happens whenever I go to that store whe Im too tired and I dont feel like driving to the other Walmarts that day---

One time I even wrote a complaint regarding an incident with one of their employees---she was beyond rude and do you know I never got a call, nor an email, or even a letter...that shows how much that Manager cares 

]

Why oh why did they have to close the Target across the street (the building was damaged during a bad hail and ice storm and was going to take too long to repair and the Execs said other Targets could handle that same customer base they said)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

Some people will be decorating in about 2 1/2 weeks if they prefer to have decorations up for a month.

@Im decorating this weekend Woman Very Happy

@Spurt - Me, too! Every year, I host an "Elf Friday" party on the day after Thanksgiving where we watch the movie "Elf," have lots of tasty treats, and officially kick off the Christmas season. I'll be sad to see all my pumpkins go back into storage, but having a lot of lights and plaid and trees around should ease my sorrow...  Smiley Wink