Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:
I ordered the acorns and the candle rings H208918. Any thoughts on those candle rings?

I have a set of Valerie's chocolate goblets which I love. But am considering a set of the new fluted ones. The cranberry is pretty. The green is interesting. Wish the blue was more teal. Anyone tempted?

@crazycockermom

I was one of the ones that got those candle rings last year before they sold out. Got a set for my mom too.

Many people here are over the moon with them, but I'm not.

Here's where they fell short for me.

First , they jammed them into too small a box, and some of the leaves are fabric, that arrived terribly wrinkled (hopefully they changed that). Some of the wrinkles never did come out completely.

The components are not wired, so they need to be arranged and spread out, but things don't stay where you put them. Having this piece wired would have made a big difference to me.

Many of us got ones that had a bald spot or a gap, like they didn't go all the way around the ring with with components. It was a rather small gap, and if the components were wired, could easily have been hidden, but I couldn't get anything I would 'move' to that spot, to stay put. So the rings have to be turned with the sparse spot to the back.

And for my tastes, the metallic of the glitter and some of the fabric used, just borders cheap looking rather than the elegance it is supposed to be.

I have access to a lot of really nice quality candle rings at super reasonable prices, and I know many people don't. So I think I just have a much higher expectation about candle rings quality and prices. There is a small shop locally that has spoiled me over the years, with such a big selection and such low prices (and great quality). 

I kept mine, and though I haven't started fall decor yet, will get them out again this year, I just don't feature them in the main areas of my home.

Don't mean to give the impression I 'hate' them, but I can see ways they easily could have been improved upon, and maybe the new ones have had corrections made.

@Mominohio  Thanks for your detailed review...I'll pass on the rings Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:
@Mominohio
Thanks for your honest opinion. I just canceled my order. There wasn't a video so I was going to take a chance. Doesn't sound what I'm looking for. Thanks for saving me a hassle!

Hope I didn't totally discourage you! Some on here have really liked them and come back for more. 

I'm of the camp that just doesn't like many of VPH's candle rings. My mom tends to buy a lot of them, and I often find them sparse, or using components that don't look very 'rich'. And I don't care for a lot of the colors and shades that appear in a lot of her rings.

That hurricane that she has for Christmas this year, that is so popular and in so many colors, is another piece I just don't like. 

So many people here are just over the moon with the ones the are receiving, and the fall auto delivery that will be coming looks to be made with components similar to this set of rings.

So it's really just a personal preference. Maybe the presentation will change your mind and you will like what you see!

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:
I ordered the acorns and the candle rings H208918. Any thoughts on those candle rings?

I have a set of Valerie's chocolate goblets which I love. But am considering a set of the new fluted ones. The cranberry is pretty. The green is interesting. Wish the blue was more teal. Anyone tempted?

@crazycockermom

I was one of the ones that got those candle rings last year before they sold out. Got a set for my mom too.

First , they jammed them into too small a box, and some of the leaves are fabric, that arrived terribly wrinkled (hopefully they changed that). Some of the wrinkles never did come out completely.

The components are not wired, so they need to be arranged and spread out, but things don't stay where you put them. Having this piece wired would have made a big difference to me.

Many of us got ones that had a bald spot or a gap, like they didn't go all the way around the ring with with components. It was a rather small gap, and if the components were wired, could easily have been hidden, but I couldn't get anything I would 'move' to that spot, to stay put. So the rings have to be turned with the sparse spot to the back.

And for my tastes, the metallic of the glitter and some of the fabric used, just borders cheap looking rather than the elegance it is supposed to be.

I have access to a lot of really nice quality candle rings at super reasonable prices, and I know many people don't. So I think I just have a much higher expectation about candle rings quality and prices. There is a small shop locally that has spoiled me over the years, with such a big selection and such low prices (and great quality). 

I kept mine, and though I haven't started fall decor yet, will get them out again this year, I just don't feature them in the main areas of my home.

Don't mean to give the impression I 'hate' them, but I can see ways they easily could have been improved upon, and maybe the new ones have had corrections made.

@Mominohio  Thanks for your detailed review...I'll pass on the rings Smiley Happy

@Susan Louise

I think that you have Grandin Road or Frontgate rings in your collections, and compared to those, VPH rings just don't cut the mustard in my opinion. 

I do have two different sets of VPH rings that I just love, but these fall ones just weren't in that camp! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie's New Items up

[ Edited ]

@crazycockermom wrote:

@crazycockermom

Yes!!! I like them very much! I really like the texture on these.

The cranberry is such an interesting color but I love the green & gold too! The blue is very pretty but I don't use blue.

I don't really have a spot for them. I haven't had a chance to read all the replies, did you end up ordering them?

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:

@crazycockermom

I LOVE mine!!! I got 2 sets last year. So happy I got them!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:

@crazycockermom

@Susan Louise

I think that you have Grandin Road or Frontgate rings in your collections, and compared to those, VPH rings just don't cut the mustard in my opinion. 

I do have two different sets of VPH rings that I just love, but these fall ones just weren't in that camp! 

@Mominohio  Yes, I have the Finley Hill rings from Grandinroad and they are wonderful...full and lush. The only other rings I have are VPH's beaded fruit rings (H209791) which I just brought back out for now through even the holiday season. The combined colors work for both Fall/harvest and Christmastime. I use them for the VPH 11" pearl mosaic trees and I don't even put them on pedestals. Currently they are on either side of our 52" tv screen in/on our wall unit. I'll post a pic when I get back on my laptop in a couple of days. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:

@crazycockermom

I LOVE mine!!! I got 2 sets last year. So happy I got them!

@ChiliPepper @crazycockermom  I have two sets of the candle rings.  I shaped them and they are pretty and elegant.  They are shipped in a tiny box and require a little pressing, well a lot of pressing, but worth it, IMO.  I got more compliments on them than any others that I used last year. 

Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:

@crazycockermom

Yes!!! I like them very much! I really like the texture on these.

The cranberry is such an interesting color but I love the green & gold too! The blue is very pretty but I don't use blue.

I don't really have a spot for them. I haven't had a chance to read all the replies, did you end up ordering them?

@ChiliPepper  I have the same problem. I have no logical place for them...no diningroom table, no sideboard, no mantel. 

@crazycockermom Your home looks like it has all those areas and they are lovely Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

I figured they'd be up at midnight.  I ordered the acorns.  I don't want to order the mercury glass pumpkins, but I don't think I own any in mercury glass.  Darn.

@GCR18  I was surprised at the price of the acorns.  Did you read the dimensions on them?  They don't look like they'd be that  long but anyway, I think they are worth the cost.  I thought about getting two sets but then I remembered P1 has the really pretty ones so I didn't get but one set.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@GCR18 wrote:

I figured they'd be up at midnight.  I ordered the acorns.  I don't want to order the mercury glass pumpkins, but I don't think I own any in mercury glass.  Darn.

@GCR18  I was surprised at the price of the acorns.  Did you read the dimensions on them?  They don't look like they'd be that  long but anyway, I think they are worth the cost.  I thought about getting two sets but then I remembered P1 has the really pretty ones so I didn't get but one set.

@lucymo

Yes, I was surprised at the size. I figured they would be teeny tiny & they are not.

I think they will blend nicely with the acorn picks/clips from last year.

H206118

Set of 6 Beaded Acorn Clips - H206118

30 Piece Beaded and Glittered Acorn Filler by Valerie - H211492