Frequent Contributor

only one day of autumn decorating with Valerie?

This morning I heard Valerie say that today would be her only day to bring fall decorating shows!  Does anyone else find that upsetting?  Fall has 3 months with which to display all kinds of autumn displays as well as Halloween and Thanksgiving.  Valerie said her next shows on 8-25 would be Christmas.  I would like to hear what other people think about this.  Perhaps it is a QVC decision based on how much they sell at Christmas but to me they are missing out on all of Valerie's fans that would purchase items for the entire fall season.

Kathleenalice

Esteemed Contributor

Re: only one day of autumn decorating with Valerie?

@westiemamaI agree that there should be more than one day. Maybe they just don't have enough stock to support two or more presentations. I would guess the regulars will have more fall shows - Temp-tations, Bethlehem Lights, and maybe Plow and Hearth.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@westiemama wrote:

This morning I heard Valerie say that today would be her only day to bring fall decorating shows!  Does anyone else find that upsetting?  Fall has 3 months with which to display all kinds of autumn displays as well as Halloween and Thanksgiving.  Valerie said her next shows on 8-25 would be Christmas.  I would like to hear what other people think about this.  Perhaps it is a QVC decision based on how much they sell at Christmas but to me they are missing out on all of Valerie's fans that would purchase items for the entire fall season.

Kathleenalice

@westiemama

I agree the autumn/harvest season is the longest for decorating yet QVC offers hardly any shows.  I remember when they used to have a lot more shows devoted to fall decorating............they used to even have Halloween Shows with Halloween decor and costumes and blow-up decorations--they've done away with that too! 

It seems they show Christmas from July through December 23---and mostly repeated merchandise and host gift shows.........It really would be nice to see more harvest shows...........it seems like there were more spring/Easter decorating shows than fall.  it's a shame, as much as I love Christmas and decorate for that season fall is my second favorite---

In the last few financial reports QVC noted that home merchandise had done well, and in the report just released today for the 2nd quarter 2017, all categories declined EXCEPT for the home category, but I dont know if that was home decor or mostly sales from vacuums and bedding.  Personally I think QVC could devote more shows to fall decor and decor in general and move more of the beauty shows to Beauty IQ----JMHO.  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@westiemama wrote:

Kathleenalice

@westiemama

I agree the autumn/harvest season is the longest for decorating yet QVC offers hardly any shows.  I remember when they used to have a lot more shows devoted to fall decorating............they used to even have Halloween Shows with Halloween decor and costumes and blow-up decorations--they've done away with that too! 

It seems they show Christmas from July through December 23---and mostly repeated merchandise and host gift shows.........It really would be nice to see more harvest shows...........it seems like there were more spring/Easter decorating shows than fall.  it's a shame, as much as I love Christmas and decorate for that season fall is my second favorite---

In the last few financial reports QVC noted that home merchandise had done well, and in the report just released today for the 2nd quarter 2017, all categories declined EXCEPT for the home category, but I dont know if that was home decor or mostly sales from vacuums and bedding.  Personally I think QVC could devote more shows to fall decor and decor in general and move more of the beauty shows to Beauty IQ----JMHO.  

@westiemama  I think for those that decorate later in the season, having a few extra shows would be nice. I'm pretty much close to being done with my Fall/harvest decorating for this year Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@westiemama, I totally agree with you. I love Chrismas, but, fall for me is like a new beginning. Clean fresh air. Leaves falling. So, yes, more Harvest shows for me. 

Honored Contributor

@westiemama - See the thread I started in the "Suggestion Box" forum. Maybe if enough of us talk about it, they will bring her on for more harvest shows!

Valerie Parr Hill Shows

Esteemed Contributor

I was busy yesterday and I was only able to watch her show last night at * pm and alot of things were sold out....oh well

I think that they should add more shows too!