Esteemed Contributor

Valerie's Carolers in Sleigh

did anyone purchase one?  I bought the grey and white version last year , I love the black and white check just nit sure where to put another !  Also the frosted white ,  love both !

Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie's Carolers in Sleigh

I purchased the red plaid in 2019 along with the horses.  

Beautiful concept, but not happy with the sloppy assembling.  After returns, I kept the third replacement that still wasn't much better for both the sleigh and two horses.  Decided I wouldn't accept this low quality again. 

Maybe, the quality will be better this year.  

Esteemed Contributor

If the horse was available...I would...

Respected Contributor

I have one from several years ago. They are lovely but the storage has been a problem for me.....it is big. 

Valued Contributor

Storage is exactly what kept me from ordering. Had my finger on the phone several times and then came to my senses. I am not a farmhouse decorator, but the black and white checked set sure caught my eye. Even a little glittered pin at the mothers neck. I have the standing carolers in the red check. The amount of work that goes into these items is amazing. I could not get one caroler dressed, let alone 4. As I post this, I may still order and do away with smaller do dad Christmas items that are taking up room. Seems bigger is better in decorating now.

Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Beautiful concept, but not happy with the sloppy assembling.  After returns, I kept the third replacement that still wasn't much better for both the sleigh and two horses.  Decided I wouldn't accept this low quality again. 

@Foxxee wrote:

@Foxxee   I havd the very first one in the red plaid   I dont know what year it was ,  I'm guessing it was 2005 plus I have the horse as well .   It is very well made and is 23" the tallest I beileve she has offered.   My decor and taste has changed alot since then so I did purchase the grey plaid last year ,  also very well made and beautiful ! I had my eye on the frosted white carolers though since last year and I saw that it was on a Black Friday sale price now and had to have it. ! I will gift one of the others to my mom.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

@Foxxee   I havd the very first one in the red plaid   I dont know what year it was ,  I'm guessing it was 2005 plus I have the horse as well .   It is very well made and is 23" the tallest I beileve she has offered.   My decor and taste has changed alot since then so I did purchase the grey plaid last year ,  also very well made and beautiful ! I had my eye on the frosted white carolers though since last year and I saw that it was on a Black Friday sale price now and had to have it. ! I will gift one of the others to my mom.

@Kitty Galore 

Happy to hear yours worked out.  

Didn't the fuzzy material used for the horse hair fall off in the box and when they were picked up?  Quite a few buyers complained about that.  The third pair I kept had a few bare spots compared to the others.  I must be careful when I pick them up, though.   

Besides other defects found on the first two sleighs, the one I kept had gobs of dried glue dripping about 1/2 inch from the bottom of the sleigh.  I was able to cut that off.  

Also, the reins aren't long enough.  I must lay them on the children's laps. 

I'm trying to remember all the problems.  On one of the sleighs I returned, the carolers were positioned too high off the sleigh and leaning far forward.  I couldn't get them to sit in the sleigh.  

I saw the 23 inch elsewhere and thought about buying it, but my luck wasn't good with the smaller version, so I changed my mind.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

@Kitty Galore 

Didn't the fuzzy material used for the horse hair fall off in the box and when they were picked up?  Quite a few buyers complained about that.  The third pair I kept had a few bare spots compared to the others.  I must be careful when I pick them up, though.   

Besides other defects found on the first two sleighs, the one I kept had gobs of dried glue dripping about 1/2 inch from the bottom of the sleigh.  I was able to cut that off.  

I'm trying to remember all the problems.  On one of the sleighs I returned, the carolers were positioned too high off the sleigh and leaning far forward.  I couldn't get them to sit in the sleigh.  

I saw the 23 inch elsewhere and thought about buying it, but my luck wasn't good with the smaller version, so I changed my mind.   

@Foxxee @I'm so sorry you had all these issues with your items.  I mean I have had issues for sure with some of Valeries items through the years but not with the sleigh or horse items.   I guess I just lucked out .  I will say though the horse could have been done better ,  it's just ok.

Esteemed Contributor

@Regal Bee wrote:

I have one from several years ago. They are lovely but the storage has been a problem for me.....it is big. 

I always forget about storing things like this....LOL

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

@Kitty Galore 

@Foxxee   The first year, I bought only the horse, and had to return it twice, third time was the charm.  The second had wet glue smeared around, the harness hanging, missing flock, also on the first, a real mess, and bad odor.