Valued Contributor

Is it OK to put the hydrangea candle rings at the bottom of the lighted pedestals?  Mine are too big for the top, and keep falling down. I like the look of them at the bottom of the pedestals, but don't know if i should keep them there.  Would it be better to squish them together to fit on top? Thanks for any advice.

Honored Contributor

In one of the presentations, Valerie did just as you suggest - she squished the ring so it would set atop the pedestal.  Not very elegant but it worked.

Valued Contributor

I think whatever way that you like them, I think they will look nice. Its what makes you happy.

Valued Contributor

Thanks so much for your advice!  Since I have 2 candle rings, I will put one on the bottom of the pedestal, and one on top.Heart

Honored Contributor

@Carol08 wrote:

Is it OK to put the hydrangea candle rings at the bottom of the lighted pedestals?  Mine are too big for the top, and keep falling down. I like the look of them at the bottom of the pedestals, but don't know if i should keep them there.  Would it be better to squish them together to fit on top? Thanks for any advice.

@Carol08  Sure it's okay.  Decor is whatever one likes, no rules.  I even place some rings in the center of some very large tall holders, at christmas, and they look great that way.

Valued Contributor

I took your advice, and put a ring around one of Valerie's spheres. I have Decorating Deficit Disorder, so I really appreciate all of your advice!

Frequent Contributor

I purchased these floral candle rings also.  I'm having the same problem. They are too large for the candlesticks I wanted to use them on. So there I am walking around the house trying to put these candle rings on all my candlesticks.  They are too large. I even tried what Valerie suggested by squeezing them  but they still fall down.  Should of returned them but too late now. I took a wire cutter, cut them made them smaller and rewired them. So now they fit the candlesticks.

Honored Contributor

I personally find this very frustrating, when Valerie brings things that she is showing as beautiful coordinating groupings, then we realize that we have to bend and tweak, things to make them fit or look good. 

I would understand if we were putting together a look from many different places, but Valerie is bringing all this stuff, and should insist and make sure they pieces are compatible, not too big or too small to fit the various candles, pedestals etc she is displaying them with. 

I understand a lot of decorating can be a 'smoke and mirrors' kind of thing, but I get really frustrated when the candle rings sit lopsided on a pedestal or fall down. If they have to be squished too much, it is noticeable from certain angles.

Valued Contributor

I tried to squish the rings together, so they would be smaller, and fit around the candle holders.  One of them looks like a mess, and some of the flowers came off the ring.  I should have left them alone, but they kept falling down around the base of the pedestal.  I will have to keep looking around, to see where I can put them.

Valued Contributor

I found another way to use the candle rings. I still have some of Valerie's glitter angels from several years ago.  The base of the angels fit into the candle rings perfectly.  I also put some microlights in the rings, and they make the rings sparkle.  I don't know whether to use the microlights with the glitter angels turned on.....but I am still fiddling with them.