Honored Contributor

Valerie's 4 Footed Beverage Glasses

I was very tempted to order Valerie's four footed beverage glasses until I read that they have to be handwashed.  I would never order glasses that had to be handwashed.  They don't mention that in the presentation.  H225683. 

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie's 4 Footed Beverage Glasses

It wouldn't be a deal breaker for me if it needs handwashed, how dirty does a glass get?

It would only take a minute & I probably wouldn't use one every day.

Respected Contributor

Handwash?  What is so special that they have to be handwashed?  I handwash my waterford goblets, but I doubt these glasses are fine crystal.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I wonder why in the world they need to be hand washed?  They don't appear to be any different from other footed tumblers.  Maybe they used some cheap method of coloring them.  Nothing would surprise me.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I was very tempted to order Valerie's four footed beverage glasses until I read that they have to be handwashed.  I would never order glasses that had to be handwashed.  They don't mention that in the presentation.  H225683. 

Really.....WOW!!!!

Respected Contributor

They look pretty thick to me so I wonder if that's just to cover themselves if someone wanted a refund if they chipped or whatever.

Respected Contributor

Like @Kachina624, I wonder if the color on these glasses is painted or is a coating of some sort rather than being intrinsic to the glass.  Thank you for mentioning the need for hand washing, @NickNack.  I wouldn't mind handwashing them, but I think the requirement is a red flag with regards to quality.

Honored Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

Like @Kachina624, I wonder if the color on these glasses is painted or is a coating of some sort rather than being intrinsic to the glass.  Thank you for mentioning the need for hand washing, @NickNack.  I wouldn't mind handwashing them, but I think the requirement is a red flag with regards to quality.

It's a red flag to me, too, @Marsha2003   @Kachina624 .  It sounds like a quality issue.  I didn't think about the fact that the coloring or coating might be the problem.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I had to look them up as I couldn't imagine four-footed goblets.  Smiley Happy

fourfooted.PNG

Respected Contributor

I have found with glasses I might pick up at the grocery store that washing in the dishwasher makes them cloudy - I think it has something to do with the quality of the glass. I have other glasswate that comes out clear and sparkling.

Besides those glasses of Valerie's are quite expensive - over $9 each with shipping.

I was in Home Goods yesterday and they had lots of glassware sets. Even Pioneer Woman at WM has some pretty, colorful goblet sets for around $17.