Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie Aug 25 shows. Who’s buying?

@bikerbabe wrote:
Well, I did it. I cleared out quite a bit of my holiday items earlier this year and I want to clear out some more. I told myself I wasn’t going to buy anything new but we all know how that works out. I’ve really been drawn to traditional reds and greens and a bit of a woodland look. Already have quite a few items I can use but, well, ....... 🙄🤣🤗

The four easy pays got me on the items I was eyeing to make a display on my console table.

Juniper, berry wreath
Juniper, berry garland
Cardinal slim tree
Glitter Cardinals with plaid scarves

I will combine with my Valerie Silver pedestals with luminara chocolate glitter candles. I also have some woodland style items - santa, horse, etc

@bikerbabe

We have the same taste because I was tempted with the same things you purchased...especially that Cardinal tree, and the Juniper and Berry wreath.... But in the end I thought about storage and the only the thing I ended up purchasing was the TSV in Amber for my fall decor....

ENJOY your purchases--and it looks like everything you bought is going to look beautiful together! 🎄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I dont mind Mary Nelson's voice---to me she's better than those hosts that are like auctioneers and talk a mile a minute, or the ones with nasal voices, or high-pitched voices............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Gorgf wrote:

I love Christmas mice so ordered the White set. Mice were very popular in Europe at Christmas Markets  in Germany and I started  to collect the felt ones. 

@Gorgf  Have you seen the felt mice made by Primitives by Kathy sold on zulily, and probably elesewhere?  Here is an example.  I have many, couldn't resist them.

@mousiegirl I have a few of those that I bought from Zulily, but I had to stop before I found myself with a new collection to store.  They are adorable.

@Marsha2003  Would you like to shop in mine, lol.  I bought quite a few.

@mousiegirl I'll just enjoy your collection through pictures you are kind enough to post...lol!

Esteemed Contributor

My blush Kaledscope tree & H214845 "As Is" Illuminated Faceted Gem Hurricane with Microlights came today!!

both are BEAUTIFUL! so glad I bought them!

Super Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@blueskies wrote:

bought the slim Cardinal tree last year , and its very nice quality . I purchased it to fit on the entry hall table , since its slim design would take less room ...and it worked out well. It was a little taller than I thought it would be, even tho I read the dimensions online . Everyone in my family liked it. My husband loves seeing cardinals in winter , so they were part of my plan to avoid hearing ," You bought another thing from QV....??? "  

Ive also started to design a woodland Christmas . Began a few years ago, with a pencil tree from Michael's . I just ordered Valerie's down swept flocked 4 ft. tree today . Waited too long to add the 3 ft. .....it sold out .... guess I'll have to wait till next year . I have bought silver Mercury glass birds and several " natural " representations ( foliage picks ) of the outdoors/ forests to add to our trees . I wish designers would use less plastic and use natural materials instead when possible. I noticed that Barbara Kennedy uses some natural materials in her designs. 

Everyone ... Enjoy your decorations this year and happy holidays ! 

@blueskies  I have a woodland/woodsy theme that I display peridocially, posted pictures here a year ago.  I also have a tree in the rec room with all bottle brush critters and birds with other nature type ornaments, so will post a picture of this tree after it is decorated.  

Mousiegirl, did you find the bottlebrush critters, at one particular store ? I find that the ones sold here in the Q, are just too large for my woodland tree. Tho...my son did find a couple at P.Barn two years ago. They're only about 3-4 in. long...and they might even be bottlebrush I'm thinking. Or sisal ....they're all packed away and I'm not absolutely sure. Anyway, I'd live to see the photo of the woodland tree, if you post it again this year ! I'll be keeping a lookout for it . Thanks .