Frequent Contributor

Re: VPH Backorders keep getting pushed back!

That's what I think!  If they know for certain that something will be able to be delivered within a reasonable amount of time, that's fine!  But when they advertise something for sell and it is several months advanced order, then they should wait to sell the item closer to when they know it can be shipped.

Respected Contributor

I think the problems with the West Coast ports caught everybody by surprise and no one has a handle on how long the backlog will take to clear.  Vendors are just as frustrated as customers when they continue to get delayed delivery dates from their shippers.  What has happened this year is unprecedented.  While I'm just as frustrated as the rest of you, you cannot hold vendors responsible whose goods were shipped from overseas.

Honored Contributor

@MG Chris wrote:

Maybe they shouldn't be selling stuff they don't have in stock. I shop a lot online and all my stuff is in stock everywhere I shop. When the stuff comes in then they should sell it. This isn't fair to people who are waiting on seasonal items or gifts. If they can't ship it by the date they say they can then they should not be selling it period.

@MG Chris 

QVC has to schedule their shows and items SO far in advance....it is very hard to know what is going to make it in before show time when the item has been on order for almost a year or more.

Equally, it would be very difficult to change an entire show of VPH items to match what has previously been schduled versus what broke through.

QVC is not like a B&M.  They put out what shows up at the dock.  Simple.

QVC has to plan shows AGES in advance.  Not so easy as you would think.

Trusted Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@MG Chris wrote:

Maybe they shouldn't be selling stuff they don't have in stock. I shop a lot online and all my stuff is in stock everywhere I shop. When the stuff comes in then they should sell it. This isn't fair to people who are waiting on seasonal items or gifts. If they can't ship it by the date they say they can then they should not be selling it period.

@MG Chris 

QVC has to schedule their shows and items SO far in advance....it is very hard to know what is going to make it in before show time when the item has been on order for almost a year or more.

Equally, it would be very difficult to change an entire show of VPH items to match what has previously been schduled versus what broke through.

QVC is not like a B&M.  They put out what shows up at the dock.  Simple.

QVC has to plan shows AGES in advance.  Not so easy as you would think.

I have had no issues with HSN and I shop online all the time and have not had one delay from any company.  Stuff has actually came quickly. I have had no issues with QVC. I just see all these complaints and was just commenting.