Frequent Contributor

VPH Backorders keep getting pushed back!

I'm getting really tired of VPH backorders that keep getting pushed back!  I had ordered H230188 back in August.  It was Advanced Ordered and supposed to ship the beginning of November.  Everytime I check on it, the date keeps getting pushed back.  I did have Free shipping on it.  A couple days ago, I thought it would ship by a certain date so I bumped it up to Premium shipping in hopes to get it sooner.  But now they are charging me over $19 for Premium shipping and the date is still getting moved back!  I'm tempted just to cancel but I wanted this to set on the snowglobe/snowflake pillars that I had ordered from VPH.

Honored Contributor

Re: VPH Backorders keep getting pushed back!

@mitzywhite 

What a lot of customers don't realize, is that premium or express shipping only applies to the actual 'shipping' time, not the 'in process time'.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Frequent Contributor

When I changed it to Premium shipping it was going to move the actual shipping date up by a week from the Standard.

Honored Contributor

VPH items almost all come from China.

The cargo ships sitting in the Pacific are the problem.  I'm sure you have seen this issue on the news for weeks and weeks now.

Nothing we can do about it sadly.

No sense getting upset with something we have no control over.

I'd either resign myself to the fact it will be late or never show up...or just cancel and be done with it.

So sorry this is happening to people's orders.

Esteemed Contributor

I would cancel for sure, especially so as to not pay that ridiculous shipping fee!

I would shop locally at this point, I'm sure you can find something similar.  Good luck and I am sorry for the disappointment.   

Honored Contributor

• Yes, we're all tired of advanced orders that seem to go on forever, but there isn't a darn thing that we, QVC or anyone else can do about it.  It's just one of the things those of us living in this era must tolerate.  Imagine what it was like during WW II when you couldn't get sugar, metal or rubber..... and you think you have it rough with delayed snow globes? 
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

Your post really puts this all in Good perspective...

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow!  You didn't need to be snotty about it.  I don't have delayed snow globes!  The spheres are what's delayed.  I just came here to make a comment.  I guess this is why I don't comment much here because someone always has to belittle something I say.  I have ordered tons of VPH items and most are advanced order and I get them when they say they should be delivered.  But this particular item keeps getting pushed back.  I really wish Valerie wouldn't have China make her stuff!  I know you're going to say..."you don't have to buy them".  Well I did.

Respected Contributor

@mitzywhite, the situation with a broken supply chain is frustrating, isn't it?  I have a VPH item that's still on Advance Order, too.  I don't really expect to receive it this year.  You can come here to vent any time.  That's part of the benefit of the forum.  I do think that global manufacturing is here to stay.

Trusted Contributor

Maybe they shouldn't be selling stuff they don't have in stock. I shop a lot online and all my stuff is in stock everywhere I shop. When the stuff comes in then they should sell it. This isn't fair to people who are waiting on seasonal items or gifts. If they can't ship it by the date they say they can then they should not be selling it period.