Contributor

Re: Thomas Pacconi Table Top Figures.

Oh, how I loved Thomas Pacconi's Christmas items!  I bought several of the table tops for gifts and for my home.  I also loved his hand blown ornaments that came in its own crate for storage and gifted that as well.   He had so many beautiful things and I sure wish he was in business and back at QVC!

Honored Contributor

@meallen616  Thank you.  I am proud of the TP figures that I have.  Which ones do you still have?  Someone mentioned a gingerbread house and I don't remember that one. 

Honored Contributor

@Zsazsa wrote:

Love your Thomas Pacconi large tabletop pieces! One of my family members has some of the originals... Santa, snowman, Church, tree...and does a lovely display on a sofa table in her living room each year.  

I've heard that many prefer the earlier pieces to those produced later. Is it because the earlier ones were more vibrant in color?  Is it easy to tell the earlier snowman from the later?

@Zsazsa  Hi zsazsa, the reason that I prefer the earlier TP pieces is the quality of the paint, coloring and application.  The last large piece of his that I bought was a Snow Family and they were gray instead of white and had felt noses glued on  with glue smeared all around the felt.  I returned it and didn't order again.  I have  a couple of pieces that were among the later ones that the paint isn't as good as it should be but still look pretty enough to display.

Honored Contributor

@phluphy wrote:

Love TP pieces, you are so lucky to have such a beautiful collection.  Love Snowmen. Thanks for sharing.

@phluphy  Thanks and YW, I'm happy to share the pictures with you.

Honored Contributor

I have the snowman and santa and they are my favorite decorations of all time.  I'm so glad I purchased them when I did. It's hard to find anything like that anymore. 

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I have the snowman and santa and they are my favorite decorations of all time.  I'm so glad I purchased them when I did. It's hard to find anything like that anymore. 

@Pecky  I wonder what the price would be if the Q was selling these pieces now.  I don't even remember how much we paid for them then, do you?

I think something this size and quality would be a good seller now too.  I'd like a Polar Bear and an Owl.  I think the Teddy Bear that I have is really cute.  Do you use yours often?  I really don't anymore but still like them a lot.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo

Thanks for posting these pictures. I so fondly remember watching all those Thomas Pacconi shows (and don't get me started about the Radko ornaments and shows that were so beautiful).

I passed on all these table top pieces, as at the time, I seemed to have all the Christmas 'stuff' I was ever going to need (and I did indeed have enough, but fell off that wagon quite a while ago!!!). I'm kind of sorry now that I don't have a piece or two of these, especially the ones from earlier.

My mom did buy me about five sets of his ornaments though, in the nice wooden boxes. I have so many of those that they won't all fit on one tree. I usually use them every other year for the family room tree (alternating with all our old traditional ornaments). 

I will say, they don't hold up well over time (some of them). They have always been stored in original boxes, in a closet in the spare room (no damp basement or extreme temperature attic) and one set in particular has a number of the pieces loosing their paint. Not at all happy about that as I really love a tree done in nothing but these.

Another of my favorite things of his were the glass ornaments that look like candy. I have one set of those, and look at them on ebay, consider getting enough to do an entire tree in just those.

We also have some of his radios and record players, and my mom still has a couple of Victorian style chairs that he used to sell (at least I'm pretty sure they were his line). 

Respected Contributor

The tabletop figures are just beautiful. Wish I had gotten some.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@lucymo

Thanks for posting these pictures. I so fondly remember watching all those Thomas Pacconi shows (and don't get me started about the Radko ornaments and shows that were so beautiful).

I passed on all these table top pieces, as at the time, I seemed to have all the Christmas 'stuff' I was ever going to need (and I did indeed have enough, but fell off that wagon quite a while ago!!!). I'm kind of sorry now that I don't have a piece or two of these, especially the ones from earlier.

My mom did buy me about five sets of his ornaments though, in the nice wooden boxes. I have so many of those that they won't all fit on one tree. I usually use them every other year for the family room tree (alternating with all our old traditional ornaments). 

I will say, they don't hold up well over time (some of them). They have always been stored in original boxes, in a closet in the spare room (no damp basement or extreme temperature attic) and one set in particular has a number of the pieces loosing their paint. Not at all happy about that as I really love a tree done in nothing but these.

Another of my favorite things of his were the glass ornaments that look like candy. I have one set of those, and look at them on ebay, consider getting enough to do an entire tree in just those.

We also have some of his radios and record players, and my mom still has a couple of Victorian style chairs that he used to sell (at least I'm pretty sure they were his line). 

@Mominohio  I have several sets of the ornaments in the wooden crates but have never used them.  I offered them to my DD's but they don't want them so they continue to take up storage space.  The paint is holding up on the large pieces but can't speak for the ornaments since they haven't been used.  I think I'll look at them as soon as I can though.  TP's later pieces lacked the quality and beauty of the first ones, IMO.  I didn't get any of the furniture or radios.  Wish I had now.  You know I need more of everything.  lol

I think back to a lot of interesting shows and products that QVC had before the same ole, same ole took over.  I bought a lot then....too.  Smiley Happy

Contributor

I also have those tabletop TP pieces as well as the hand blown ornaments that came in the crates. Love all these! I use them every year. I have one tree with nothing but the TP ornaments on it and it is beautiful. I think the last time that I saw his items on TV it was somewhere other than QVC. Wish they would have these type decorations again.