Respected Contributor

Now that more and more of your programming is Christmas related, I will be watching less and less. I don't care to be in the Christmas spirit until after Thanksgiving. So I am saving money by not watching. The time I save will be used for cleaning, reading, socializing with friends and enjoying the beautiful fall weather.

Respected Contributor

Good for You! Sounds like tv was getting in  the way of a balanced life. 

Now is the time for me to get some shopping done and save money with the sales. I get busy after Thanksgiving with projects at home and at work, then vacation,  baking for small gifts and all the celebrations.

As Tim Gunn says "make it work" for you.

Honored Contributor

QVC is in the business of selling, not entertainment.  Most people decorate the day after Thanksgiving.  So they need their decor before that time, and surely before trying to prepare for Thanksgiving.  So the 2 months [from today] before decorating time at Thanksgiving gives people time to have it all delivered, make exchanges or returns, and get all their planning settled.  It's not really too early at all.  So I say, without sarcasm -- Thank You QVC!

This is every year for retail.  That's why they started Fall clothes shows in July, and Spring clothes will air in February.  Every year.

I've seen Christmas items starting to appear in stores as well. 

Esteemed Contributor

Actually enjoying looking at the  Christmas items but the prices and shipping  seem to be higher so not buying anything. It gives me a good price comparison when shopping elsewhere. Carolyn and Leah are giving that relaxed feeling I need this morning.

Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

Good for You! Sounds like tv was getting in  the way of a balanced life. 

Now is the time for me to get some shopping done and save money with the sales. I get busy after Thanksgiving with projects at home and at work, then vacation,  baking for small gifts and all the celebrations.

As Tim Gunn says "make it work" for you.

@LizzieInSRQ LOL!!!! Love it! 

I too like to get the sales prices and not have to trudge out into the mall (or other places) experience when everyone else seems to be doing it.

I have become much more relaxed around the holiday when I have taken care of all my purchases. And it feels good to be able to get good prices on things I know my friends and family will love!

I was able to pick up some things during the July Christmas sales at QVC too. 

Esteemed Contributor

There's always the QVC website.  Many offerings.✆

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I'm sorry, but these rants about Christmas programming have grown old... I support the rants when there is too much CIJ going on, but at this point, we're almost into October and most entities, and most especially those relying on mail order, ARE going to be pushing Christmas. It's entirely up to us whether we participate or not. If we participate, fine and if we opt out then get over it... If they waited until 'after Thanksgiving' to start the Christmas overkill (and really, no retailer does anymore) they'd be the big losers... I no longer much care for QVC and I rarely watch, regardless of the programming, because I think most all of it has grown stale, but I'm not going to fault them for a focus on Christmas... What I WILL fault them for is the endless array of the same stale, tedious merchandise they seem to feel meets all our holiday requirements year after year...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I am positive that the money they don't make from you is FAR OUTWEIGHED by the money the make from people buying Christmas stuff.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Trusted Contributor

QVC is a retail store without a door, they are in the business of selling, not entertainment. There are many tv stations and streaming services who’s only focus is entertainment. QVC isn’t one of them. Is the QVC host more entertaining than your local store clerk? Most likely, but both of them are there being paid to sell merchandise. 

Every store in America is already pushing the Christmas merchandise, not just QVC. The retail seasons run a season ahead of the actual seasons. That’s just how it’s always been and always will be. Don’t look for a decent selection of swimsuits in August or winter coats in January. The good stuff is already gone. 

I’m going to enjoy the Christmas programming, do a little Christmas shopping and then go out and enjoy the fall weather. Then maybe this evening, I’ll take in some entertainment on one of those streaming services. I can enjoy it all. Moderation in all things. 😊

Respected Contributor

I agree with most here, I tend to get my shopping done (most of it any way) before the weather gets bad and the stores get crazy.  I keep my eyes open for gifts all year long.  I rarely set out to just shop!

Also, my deco need to be here long before Thanksgiving!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it