Frequent Contributor

Not tiger lol.higher .

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@hopi wrote:

Actually enjoying looking at the  Christmas items but the prices and shipping  seem to be higher so not buying anything. It gives me a good price comparison when shopping elsewhere. Carolyn and Leah are giving that relaxed feeling I need this morning.

@hopi

this is exactly what I did today at both Hobby Lobby & Old Time Pottery.  I calculated the s/h costs into the items.  Most things I like lately in the holiday shows can be bought at traditional stores (or something comparable) at better prices.

Kirklands, Michaels and Ross got these beautiful glass Cinderella pumpkins last year for $13 each.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

Don't know what kind of programing OP prefers, but the clothing/shoes/ handbags/beauty still fill about 90% of the on air hours at QVC in any given year. 

So, sorry today's programming doesn't suit you, but stay tuned, because the same old same old will be back by tomorrow.

@Mominohio

two-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

what yousaid--

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Thanks, QVC

[ Edited ]

@DJs mom wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

I enjoy the Christmas shows, though I wish they were more gift-oriented, rather than mostly decorating.  But at any rate, I have no problem with the amount of Christmas programming. 

@Krimpette QVC will start having gift shows on very soon. I think they focus more on decor shows first. Then every host will have a show titled "Carolyn's gift show", "Jill's gift favorites", etc..

@Krimpette

In fact Saturday/Sunday looks like your weekend.....of course they're mixing in a little Duraflame and Serta, but mostly gifts,gifts,gifts........

The gift shows are coming, the gift shows are coming....

Image result for clipart paul revere

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1

q

$13 each beautiful glass.

Respected Contributor

I love the Christmas shows....wish I had more time to watch.

Esteemed Contributor

If I was queen of QVC, I'd demand a QVC channel dedicated to seasonal and holiday decor! That way we wouldn't bother the beauty/clothes/handbags/jewelry people. I could look at holiday and seasonal sets all day long! Don't buy much, but love the decor ideas. And simply adore all the lights and colors! OK, I'm a child and always will be.

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@DJs mom wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

I enjoy the Christmas shows, though I wish they were more gift-oriented, rather than mostly decorating.  But at any rate, I have no problem with the amount of Christmas programming. 

@Krimpette QVC will start having gift shows on very soon. I think they focus more on decor shows first. Then every host will have a show titled "Carolyn's gift show", "Jill's gift favorites", etc..

And unfortunately, they'll feature pretty much the same things, just as they have for the better part of the last decade, most of which will not be anything most of us would want to give or receive as gifts... I agree with those who posted above that anything they sell is a potential gift... Those awful generic gift shows, once they start, are lethally boring... 

@stevieb I disagree, in part. I have found the most interesting and useful gifts in the kitchen gift shows. For example, the EVO, Spurtles, and the Kuhn Rikon can opener. The beauty items, women's clothing, jewelry, etc. are lost on me. But, I bought my SIL hunting socks on QVC that he just loves. I wouldn't have considered them if I had not seen them on QVC. My work keeps me very busy, and I like seeing the ideas presented on QVC when I get the chance to watch.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom It's good that it's worked for you. We're all different and so hour after hour of generic gifts is absolutely unwatchable for me. I endured it years ago and, yep, I did occasionally come across something potentially worthwhile, but the repetition is just legion and to sit through a several hour long show on the off chance that something will pop up, well, it just isn't for me... Each to their own though and again, glad it's worked out for you...

Smiley Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom... Incidentally, I think the deccorated sets are the best part of QVC's Christmas programming... Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...