Respected Contributor

Re: Starting to Think About Fall Decor

I have company coming next weekend. Once they leave, fall is coming on😂 I have enough fall to decorate three homes but I will be watching Val this weekend. I have already picked up several Halloween items. 

Honored Contributor

@Regal Bee 

Love Queen Anne fiddle backs!

Honored Contributor

Beautiful!  I do burgundy berries and greenery.

Trusted Contributor

@MG Chris - Have you picked up Halloween items other than the august & leo?
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sakuya wrote:
@MG Chris- Have you picked up Halloween items other than the august & leo?

Yes, 

Over at HSN, I bought the Wind & Weather LED Spooky Hand Stakes 869-277, Wind & Weather LED Witch Feet Stakes 869-280. I will use one in a floral arrangement somewhere. 

I stopped at At Home today and bought a witches cauldron and purple string lights to make the viral cauldron with the bubbles for my foyer table to go with with the two August and Leo candelabras I bought  and I bought two black pumpkins.

I am going to paint the pumpkins with the viral recipe to make them look like black terracotta and put purple led string lights in them.  Last year I bought four of H421380 in large of Martha’s wire pumpkins. The black was sold out so I will give two of them a quick spray paint in black  and I will put the black pumpkins inside of them in in urns in my foyer. I also bought two of H233112 (they are much darker and deeper colors than the photo) last year and will set the metal pumpkins inside of the wreaths on top of the urns.

Here is the witches cauldron, I am going to make. I still have to pick up the balls to complete it.

IMG_3716.jpeg

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I start fall decorating after Labor Day. Love the autumn! My favorite season. 

Enjoyed seeing the photos posted. 
Happy Fall, Everyone! 

Trusted Contributor

@MG Chris - Oh my-pleeeeeeease post pics after you decorate! It's so fun that you just go for it and get things in multiples. Smiley Very Happy
Honored Contributor

@Sakuya wrote:
I started the day by lighting my Yankee Harvest candle. Smiley Happy

I just took mine out and have it under my candle lamp now.  My house smells wonderful.  That candle is my all time favorite fall candle. 

Frequent Contributor

That is SO CUTE

What an inspiration those purple bubble lights are.   

Thanks for sharing. 

Frequent Contributor

I was at Costco and ended up buying two of the three variations of the Disney Halloween musical swirl lanterns.  I'm not into Disney or anything, but these were so well done that I couldn't pass them up.  The lantern looks like a tall spooky house and the figures are well done.  Lots of nice sparkly glitter that swirls well. 

I guess these are actually called snow globes in the trade, even though they are configured as lit lanterns..  I avoid buying round snow globes at all, having broken one and finding a billion tiny sharp shards of glass in water all over the floor.  Snow globes are so heavy it's a huge surprise to find out how thin and breakable the glass is,  ugh.