Super Contributor

Starry Night Pumpkin light strands

I received my first set of the pumpkins in the Orange, tried them with the batteries, and they lit. I noticed that the largest one made a little jangly noise, but figured it was the strand and I didn't think much of it.

Today I received the Champagne set and it is now clear my large orange one is defective. My champagne large one appears to have the light strand attached at the top, so that the light is evenly dispersed, and it makes no sound. I re-lit the orange one, and it's clear that the strand is clumped in the bottom half of the pumpkin – the light still shimmers towards the top from the lasering, but not as much as the champagne one.  
So I'm now going to return the orange as defective.

I wanted to mention as an FYI, especially regarding the large pumpkin. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Starry Night Pumpkin light strands

@Cathyshopper     I haven't lite mine yet ,  thanks for the info as I'm going to light them and make sure they are not defective .   😺

New Contributor

Received my sets as well. I am wondering if they are supposed to blink for a few minutes before twinkling?  All of mine are doing this.  Is it a defect, or did anyone hear if they are supposed to do this?

Super Contributor

I do think they are supposed to blink a bit (not sure for minutes tho; similar to the hurricanes if you have those), and then begin to twinkle.

Esteemed Contributor

@AliPro - Yes, all of Valerie's light strands that include a twinkle option have the lights blink in unison a few times when they are turned on to initiate the random twinkling. A light strand I have from another vendor does the same thing, so that must just be how the effect is built.

Respected Contributor

@Cathyshopper   Thanks for the heads up ~ I need to open mine and try them out.

New Contributor

Oh thank you!   I am so happy with them and would have hated for it to be just mine.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Rec'd mine today.  They are pretty and my lights work fine BUT as you can see the small one has these small lines going around🤷‍♀️ They look like "scratches"🤬

And mine don't look like they "twinkle" just steady lights.

I don't know if I'll return but most likely will because will drive me crazy 😉

IMG_0551.jpeg

IMG_0552.jpeg

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 maybe fuss with the settings for the twinkle? Did it come with a remote? I see the one scratch but may not have noticed it if you hadnt mentioned. If it is just the one, maybe just turn it to the least viewable side as im sure you have. Looks beautiful on your pretty table runner.

Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ 

I checked the box I didn't receive a remote.  Was there supposed to be one?

As for the small scratches I may see if they get covered up when I place my decor out -- which won't be for a few weeks.  Still 🔥🔥🔥 here to think about Fall although these pumpkins got me in the mood!