Respected Contributor

Re: St. Patrick's Day charity basket

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman    What a lovely selection of items. They look to be nice, high quality items.

Did you make the pillows?

I'm sure that the recipients will be very happy with your selections.

Respected Contributor

@cheriere   Yes, those are the two days when Belleek was

presented, along with all the lovely Irish products.

I collected some Belleek pieces and bought some for my daughters. In fact, one daughter just told me yesterday that she got some daffodils to put in her Belleek vase, that I gave her.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Enufstuff 

While I would like to take credit for those pillow covers, I cannot.

I have found Amazon is a great source of good quality cases in an endless variety of designs.  

So easy just to search for cases already made rather than hunt down specific fabric and then sew.  All that takes longer than I normally have to assemble baskets.

I buy the pillow inserts at Walmart and it allows me to do the whole pillow for much less than one would have to pay for a ready-made.

Respected Contributor

@Enufstuff wrote:

@cheriere   Yes, those are the two days when Belleek was

presented, along with all the lovely Irish products.

I collected some Belleek pieces and bought some for my daughters. In fact, one daughter just told me yesterday that she got some daffodils to put in her Belleek vase, that I gave her.

How lovely!  I've been noticing the beautiful daffodils alongside the road everywhere too lately.  I always wanted to get my mom a really nice piece of Belleek.  A vase would be the perfect thing.💝

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman that's so wonderful. It looks lovely & I hope that it raises lots of $ for the rescue.

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman thanks for sharing the info on where to find that lovely platter. I love Belleek but it is so expensive & fragile. I have one small piece (vase) that was my grandmother's. She brought it to the US with her when she emigrated here back in the early 1900's.  I was always amazed that it survived all these years. My mom had it and now it belong to me. I keep it in my china cabinet where it can be seen but not knocked over by any humans or kitty paws.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GinaV24 

Certified International does some lovely pieces, and not terribly expensive. I think this platter was $25 purchased online at Target.

I'm pretty sure they had the whole collection available, but that brand is readily available from many retailers.  It's not fine china or like Belleek, but....still pretty.

As much as I love such things, I no longer "collect" any dishware even though I adore looking at it.  

This one is even prettier in person.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman  They are pretty pillows and look so well made.

I did the exact same thing with pillow covers from Amazon.

I was amazed at the price, the quality of the zippers and all the lovely designs available and so well made.

First, I looked on Amazon for a pillow cover with a

Peacock design, for my living room. I already had a pillow  that fit. It is a lovely William Morris peacock design cover.

Then I found Kilim pattern covers from Turkey, to coordinate with my Oriental rug and got a set of four at an unbelievably low price. Then I got pillow inserts on Amazon.

While looking at pillow covers, I found some with William Morris designs of owls and other wild birds. I bought four of them for my two daughters for Christmas. Then I bought more pillow inserts for them and two for my son. I gave him two of the Kilim covers to go with his Oriental rug.

They all loved their pillows and I didn't have to do all that sewing. So easy and the pillows are beautiful.

Esteemed Contributor

@Enufstuff 

They all sound beautiful!  The idea of a William Morris peacock is right up my alley...as would be the Turkish Kilim.  In fact, I recent bought some pink boho covers for another project.

Boho Pillows Covers 18x18 Inch Set of 2 Bohemian Vintage Carpet Pattern Throw Pillows Pink Blue Ethnic Floral Medallion Decorative Outdoor Cotton Linen Cushion Cases for Home Sofa Living Room Couch

While I am not a big Amazon shopper, I find they are valuable for offering items I could not find elsewhere...like pillow covers!  There are thousands of choices.  

I just found these for another basket containing a zebra print/red handbag cookie jar.  Quirky and perfect.  I am embarrassed to think how many pillow inserts I've bought.

Zebra High Heels Pillow Covers for Couch Sofa,Luxury Red Silvery Sequin Print Valentine's Day Decor Pillow Cases Cushion Covers 18"x18",Farmhouse Style Black White Square Cushion Cases Set of 2l

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman That is beautiful!☘️

I was in a Home Goods today and they had an entire table of half price St Patrick's Day items that would be great for a basket. Cute napkins, decor items, and more. They even had one of those cookie jars. I bought a made in Ireland pillow for $9.00 and a gold wooden shamrock for $4.00.

Maybe you could stock up for next year's basket for half price.

"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"