Honored Contributor

Saw that on an ad this AM. Pathetic!!!

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Super Contributor

I saw that, too! I never heard of that before! Crazy

Honored Contributor

I did not see it, so I dont know who the ad was for, but desperate times calls for desperate action.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Didn't see the ad, but the thread got me to wondering -  am I again out of fashion because I'm wearing all black right now and it's Tuesday????

Seriously, though, what difference does it make?  Almost everyone has black in the closet -  and no one tells me whether the ad is trying to sell black clothes, or Black Friday type deals, or is a veiled political statemenbt about the clock changes, or even whose ad is being called pathetic! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Spring black Friday!!

[ Edited ]

It's the same as the sales on the day after Thanksgiving only it is in the Spring. Sales that garden centers may have for your gardening needs, etc.

Honored Contributor

This will get me banned. Don't care!! In the Christian faith we revere Good Friday. It is not a big sale day. The day after TG is not at all the same.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

Re: Spring black Friday!!

[ Edited ]

If they wanted to offer some sort of pre-Easter/Spring special sales, I think a better fit would be----------

SPRING GREEN SALES! 

That would keep it more secular and away from the revered meaning of the day 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

That was the Lowes & Home Decor banner across the weekly ad papers.  I didn't even pay attention to it but now that you mention it got me thinking!

Honored Contributor

OkeyDokey then. I didn't create the name, the stores did. And, I'm not sure if someone is so offended, why start a thread about it and not even say what it means or why you started the thread. Almost like a mystery title.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ

who knows about the original thread but I read the replies -- I'm certainly not concerned with what others were implying about the advertisers!