Respected Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@mousiegirl,

Thanks for thinking of me, but no, I'm not one of the ones who has the white village set.  I just can't go there... I have some of my grandmother's more traditional village houses and some of my own, both from the 80s and 90s, and I don't even use them due to not having enough display space.  One year I may just set them up under the tree and see how I like that.  Until then, they reside in boxes in the attic.  Sad. 

Giving @BornToShop a shoutout.  She may have been one of the ones wanting additional white trees.  Not sure. 

I really like the Zulily items, both the tree and the sleigh pictured here.  Staying away from there, though.  Don't post any more Zulily items or I may have to go take a look.  You'll get me in trouble.  ;-)

Omg, @SHOPR & @mousiegirl, I was most definitely the one looking for those trees for my village set!  Darn it, it is my turn to spend your money, lol!  You guys are the BEST!!  

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@mousiegirl,

Thanks for thinking of me, but no, I'm not one of the ones who has the white village set.  I just can't go there... I have some of my grandmother's more traditional village houses and some of my own, both from the 80s and 90s, and I don't even use them due to not having enough display space.  One year I may just set them up under the tree and see how I like that.  Until then, they reside in boxes in the attic.  Sad. 

Giving @BornToShop a shoutout.  She may have been one of the ones wanting additional white trees.  Not sure. 

I really like the Zulily items, both the tree and the sleigh pictured here.  Staying away from there, though.  Don't post any more Zulily items or I may have to go take a look.  You'll get me in trouble.  ;-)

Omg, @SHOPR & @mousiegirl, I was most definitely the one looking for those trees for my village set!  Darn it, it is my turn to spend your money, lol!  You guys are the BEST!!  

@BornToShop  Did you buy the cardinal tree?  I thought it would go well with the village.  I got the "shops" mixed up, but after I posted, I thought it may have been you, then SHOPR confirmed it in my mind.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl, I couldn't find them on Zulily, got an item number?  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@mousiegirl, I couldn't find them on Zulily, got an item number?  Thanks!

@BornToShop  

Cardinal Snow Tree

Esteemed Contributor

My first antiqued bronze sleigh arrived with a thumb sized hole in it. 

The second sleigh I ordered arrived this evening with a runner broken in half near the back end.  :-(   This one has more of the cement color all over the runners.  There is something gunked up in a few places.  I think that it may be leftover material from the mold, but I'm not sure.  As for the rest, there is a nice amount of coppery paint on one side, much heavier than the previous sleigh.  The other side has almost no copper paint. 

Has anyone else received the new antiqued bronze colored sleigh, and how was your luck?  I'm disgusted at the moment at having to return two damaged sleighs.  I'm thinking that I may not re-order again.

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

My first antiqued bronze sleigh arrived with a thumb sized hole in it. 

The second sleigh I ordered arrived this evening with a runner broken in half near the back end.  :-(   This one has more of the cement color all over the runners.  There is something gunked up in a few places.  I think that it may be leftover material from the mold, but I'm not sure.  As for the rest, there is a nice amount of coppery paint on one side, much heavier than the previous sleigh.  The other side has almost no copper paint. 

Has anyone else received the new antiqued bronze colored sleigh, and how was your luck?  I'm disgusted at the moment at having to return two damaged sleighs.  I'm thinking that I may not re-order again.

@SHOPR  How maddening!  Honestly, where is the quality control, so many damaged items, and item boxes mislabeled.  I am sorry you were disappointed again.  Sometimes, the third try is the charm.  It took me that many to receive Valerie's Victorian horse in good condition.  One I received had wet glue smeared all over, reins broken and hanging, and on and on.   One had so much missing flock.  Then, it was sold out,  The next year, it returned so bought it.

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl, I don't know if I have your patience.  I will think on it some more before deciding either way. 

These are thin, at least near the areas on my two where they are broken.  That concerns me when I think about how easily a sleigh could be broken in the future, by my own handling of them.  I suppose this is the norm for resin items, but it's not that often that I've gotten to see inside them to realize just how thin they can be.

Respected Contributor
@SHOPR
How frustrating!! I experienced a few issues with my MG pumpkins arriving broken but was lucky enough to finally get some good ones on the second try. Not sure if I'd have the patience to go through it a third time though.

I was admiring the bronze sleigh and was waiting for reviews and hopefully a presentation before ordering it. Your experience is deterring me. Smiley Sad
Honored Contributor

@SHOPR @mousiegirl  This reminds me of hearing people say that they are glad an item is resin and not glass so if it gets knocked over it won't break.  Really?   If that's true, why am I sitting here with broken resin items waiting to go to the PO for return because they arrived broken. 

I have a Reindeer to take or mail to Cracker Barrel because it arrived with it's antlers broken, again Resin. So, it's happening to me a lot lately.  Hope you will get a good sleigh next time if you decide to take that chance.

Respected Contributor
@lucymo
You ordered the Cracker Barrel deer? I had been thinking about those. A shame it arrived broken. Did you get the sitting or standing one or both? How did you like it except for the fact it was broken? Are you going to return it or replace it?