Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR  I think it's hard to get a true picture  of the color of this sleigh.  When I look at it in one light it appears to be darker than other light situations. The one picture that I posted is very close up but I wanted to show the true trim.  I sure do like mine.

I think the bronze will probably sell out when it is presented.  I have the gold too so I don't need any more.

@lucymo, Maybe between both of our sleigh photos, people will have some sort of idea of what to expect.  Mine is definitely not anywhere near as dark as the QVC photo, but it is quite a bit darker and cooler toned than the natural pinecone pedestals.

@SHOPR  Was it you who was looking for extra trees to go with Valerie's little white village set?  Zulily has this today.

@mousiegirl  It was me looking for that kind of trees and maybe @SHOPR too.  I have the little village and maybe she does too.

@lucymo  and your opinion of the tree is?

@mousiegirl  I think I'll get one and maybe two.  It would be about the right size to use with the village or even my icy scene.  I'll check it out better tonight.  Thanks

Sleigh idea from Zulily.  I'm sure most of us have a similar sleigh.

@lucymo  I just looked at the measurements again, and this tree is larger than I thought, a good thing. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl  Yes, I looked really quick and thought the width was the height but I'm going to really check it out tonight.  It's quite large, actually.  I like it.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR  I think it's hard to get a true picture  of the color of this sleigh.  When I look at it in one light it appears to be darker than other light situations. The one picture that I posted is very close up but I wanted to show the true trim.  I sure do like mine.

I think the bronze will probably sell out when it is presented.  I have the gold too so I don't need any more.

@lucymo, Maybe between both of our sleigh photos, people will have some sort of idea of what to expect.  Mine is definitely not anywhere near as dark as the QVC photo, but it is quite a bit darker and cooler toned than the natural pinecone pedestals.

@SHOPR  Was it you who was looking for extra trees to go with Valerie's little white village set?  Zulily has this today.

@mousiegirl  It was me looking for that kind of trees and maybe @SHOPR too.  I have the little village and maybe she does too.

@mousiegirl  I think I'll get one and maybe two.  It would be about the right size to use with the village or even my icy scene.  I'll check it out better tonight.  Thanks

@lucymo  I just looked at the measurements again, and this tree is larger than I thought, a good thing. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl  Yes, I looked really quick and thought the width was the height but I'm going to really check it out tonight.  It's quite large, actually.  I like it.

@lucymo  Only 7 left!

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo  Only 7 left!

@mousiegirl  Company coming after work for dinner.  We're having carry in from somewhere.  I'd like to go to Huddle House and have breakfast.  Smiley Happy

I may go ahead and order at least one and then if I want two I can do that later after I have time to check them better.

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl,

Thanks for thinking of me, but no, I'm not one of the ones who has the white village set.  I just can't go there... I have some of my grandmother's more traditional village houses and some of my own, both from the 80s and 90s, and I don't even use them due to not having enough display space.  One year I may just set them up under the tree and see how I like that.  Until then, they reside in boxes in the attic.  Sad. 

Giving @BornToShop a shoutout.  She may have been one of the ones wanting additional white trees.  Not sure. 

I really like the Zulily items, both the tree and the sleigh pictured here.  Staying away from there, though.  Don't post any more Zulily items or I may have to go take a look.  You'll get me in trouble.  ;-)

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@mousiegirl,

Thanks for thinking of me, but no, I'm not one of the ones who has the white village set.  I just can't go there... I have some of my grandmother's more traditional village houses and some of my own, both from the 80s and 90s, and I don't even use them due to not having enough display space.  One year I may just set them up under the tree and see how I like that.  Until then, they reside in boxes in the attic.  Sad. 

Giving @BornToShop a shoutout.  She may have been one of the ones wanting additional white trees.  Not sure. 

I really like the Zulily items, both the tree and the sleigh pictured here.  Staying away from there, though.  Don't post any more Zulily items or I may have to go take a look.  You'll get me in trouble.  ;-)

@SHOPR  I think you are right, got the "shops" mixed up, lol.

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@mousiegirl,

@SHOPR  I believe @BornToShop got the village too.  I ordered one tree as its large and I have the two trees that came with the village so will be good to go there.

Esteemed Contributor

@lucymo and Everyone, The antiqued bronze sleighs have some paint inconsistencies.  Check out this photo from the latest review.  It is way lighter than mine:

User submitted photo

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo and Everyone, The antiqued bronze sleighs have some paint inconsistencies.  Check out this photo from the latest review.  It is way lighter than mine:

User submitted photo

I can't help but wonder if it's the camera flash.  What do you think?  It almost looks like it has white paint on it.

@SHOPR

Esteemed Contributor

@lucymo, The flash could be part of the difference.

But with my 3 pinecone pedestals, 1 of the 3 was much lighter and appeared to be missing all paint in a few spots, where the yellowish resin/plastic was showing.  I suppose this reviewer's sleigh could be missing a step in the brown painting process, or it was barely touched during that step.  It's strange looking.  

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo, The flash could be part of the difference.

But with my 3 pinecone pedestals, 1 of the 3 was much lighter and appeared to be missing all paint in a few spots, where the yellowish resin/plastic was showing.  I suppose this reviewer's sleigh could be missing a step in the brown painting process, or it was barely touched during that step.  It's strange looking.  

@SHOPR  The sleigh looks white washed, doesn't it?  I'm anxious to see it presented too.  We know the color isn't the same in them because the one you returned was not like mine.