Valued Contributor

Re: SOME OF MY 2020 EASTER DECOR

I would like a virtual tour of your beautiful home and decorations. Oh, to have a nice warm Easter here in my part of the country and see flowers  like in your pictures. It would be such a treat and lift our spirits. But, your pictures have helped. I had to bring my porch bunnies in as we are looking at freezing night time temps for several days..

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:
Wow! Absolutely gorgeous!! So beautiful and delightful and cheery. Thank you for sharing. 💜
Have a wonderful Easter!

@crazycockermom   Thank you. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@nomar wrote:

I would like a virtual tour of your beautiful home and decorations. Oh, to have a nice warm Easter here in my part of the country and see flowers  like in your pictures. It would be such a treat and lift our spirits. But, your pictures have helped. I had to bring my porch bunnies in as we are looking at freezing night time temps for several days..

@nomar   Thnak you. Smiley Happy  My DD said it was snowing yesterday where she lives also.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

DSCF6072.JPGDSCF9379.JPGDSCF9381.JPGDSCF9383.JPGDSCF9384.JPGDSCF9388.JPGDSCF9389.JPGDSCF9424.JPGDSCF9433.JPGDSCF9434.JPGDSCF9439.JPGDSCF9440.JPGDSCF9441.JPGDSCF9442.JPGDSCF9443.JPGDSCF9444.JPGDSCF9447.JPGDSCF9448.JPGDSCF9422.JPGDSCF9382.JPG

@Dinaki   Here is my Easter decor.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Smiley Sad I see no pictures dear

PS I see them now , they are absolutely beautiful dear

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

WOW ....what a decor, B E A T I F U L, you left me speachless dear watching your pictures.

If you permit, may I save some of your pictures, I want to add them on my iPhone as a wallpaper.I meant to say if I can save some of your photographes.

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor

@Dinaki wrote:

WOW ....what a decor, B E A T I F U L, you left me speachless dear watching your pictures.

If you permit, may I save some of your pictures, I want to add them on my iPhone as a wallpaper.I meant to say if I can save some of your photographes.

@Dinaki   I think they are public domain now. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I think I missed this mousie.  Great bunny collection.  

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl,  Beautiful, as always.  I really enjoyed seeing more of your decorating.  With Christmas in July coming up it reminds me of how much fun we used to have at this time.  My life has changed so much but I still do some decorating for holidays. My health has deteriorated so that I have downsized a lot of my decor.  It's hard to give it up but once it's gone it doesen't bother me.

How about your daylilies?  Ours are getting close to peak bloom now and I love to look at them.  I am always happy to be among the beautiful plants and wildlife. 

I hope you are staying safe from this virus.  It sure put a crimp in most of our lives, didn't it?  Our county has been quite heavily affected.  We were used to eating out a lot and now we either eat our own cooking or get pickup.

Take care and be safe.  I'll probably watch CIJ but won't be buying.  I still have too much decor.  I love to decorate though so never say never.  lol

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl,  Beautiful, as always.  I really enjoyed seeing more of your decorating.  With Christmas in July coming up it reminds me of how much fun we used to have at this time.  My life has changed so much but I still do some decorating for holidays. My health has deteriorated so that I have downsized a lot of my decor.  It's hard to give it up but once it's gone it doesen't bother me.

How about your daylilies?  Ours are getting close to peak bloom now and I love to look at them.  I am always happy to be among the beautiful plants and wildlife. 

I hope you are staying safe from this virus.  It sure put a crimp in most of our lives, didn't it?  Our county has been quite heavily affected.  We were used to eating out a lot and now we either eat our own cooking or get pickup.

Take care and be safe.  I'll probably watch CIJ but won't be buying.  I still have too much decor.  I love to decorate though so never say never.  lol

@lucymo   So good to see you post again, you are very missed. I am so sorry to hear your health is declining.  I hope your health will improve.  I trust your family is doing well, remembering the beast struck several of them. I will find out about my health when I have a blood panel next month.

I am trying to concentrate on not falling, but I naturally walk very fast, and thanks to my childhood dance teacher, I look ahead, not down, so have had falls where I trip on something or bang into something which throws me down.  I had a very bad fall at the end of march, and one knee is still somewhat swollen, numb in places, and discolored, hopefully it is just taking a long time to heal, no pain any longer though, which is why I havn't seen a doctor.  During the fall, I fell hard on my left arm, had fallen on my right several times, so now both arms are cold, achy, and can't reach suddenly for something.  If I would stop using them, they would probably heal faster.  such is life.

DH moved his office from SF to our home last November, which is in the rec room, though we never used it as such.  He has one half, and the other is filled with the flowers, had planned on the entire room, so it is very crowded on my side, lol.

DH was diagnosed with incurable cancer all because his PC told him older men are not tested for PSA levels, which I find outrageous as it is mainly older men who contract it, so he is undergoing treatments.  I didn't know he wasn't being tested at his check-ups, and when he finally told me, I demanded he be tested, and sure enough, the level was high, but his idiot doctor told him to get tested again in three months.  I kept nagging him, and after a few months, he did and it was dire, that is how fast growing it was.  Due to the virus, maybe, he had to wait and wait for this and that.  His first infusion brought the level way down, but before the infusion, the biopsy and scan showed that it had spread

The Holiday forum hasn't been the same without you.  I don't buy much decor anymore, only picks and fairy lights last year, had forgotten how easy they are to use and how great they look on wreaths, garlands, etc.  I had no enthusiasm for CIJ since last year, and why would I, I have a store of decor, lol, and just the thought of bringing something else into the house other than flowers, and I am nearing the end of buying those, at least until next year, makes me shudder, lol.  I wish DD had a house so I could unload some of it on her, she wants everything, but not doable in an apartment, though I have given her some decor, I don't want her to find herself in the situation I am in, no place to store things.  I bought two pieces of furniture which would have solved my storage issues, but then the virus came along, and I was told they would be left outside, so cancelled them as we would not be able to carry them, but one day.....

I mostly buy faux silk/polyester flowers now for arrangements.  I can see the day when they will be most of what I decorate with, but until then, I still do create displays, but it takes me much longer so am thinking I have lost some of the enthusiasm for huge displays that I had.

I feel the same re plants and wildlife, some critter keeps pruning my roses, killed a few by doing this, even with wire cages over them, I suspect rats and/or bunnies.  I found a canvas that had rats carrying lights, so posted that this is my garden at night, lol.

Because I bought daylilies that bloom at different times of the year, many are blooming now, some did in January, and they will be blooming for the rest of the year.  I have decided to weed some out, those that I don't like or that don't deliver.  I didn't know in the beginning how to choose daylilies, now I know to look for bud count, reblooming, time of bloom, etc.  I wish I had someone to give them to, as I did a few years ago.  I planted many daylily seeds from my plants, and they are small, green shoots, but of course won't flower for years.

The quarantine didn't affect me at all as I usually stay home except for once a month when I have to take the pups for nail trimming, and the fact that I now wear a mask and gloves.  It has affected DH much more as he was used to going to the gym three times a week.  Now, he is going out every day for treatments through July, and then infusions every three months for two years.

Sorry for the novel, but guess I feel I have to fill you in since I seem to only see you once a year or so, but do think of you. Smiley Happy