Trusted Contributor

Review of H208966 - Valerie's glitter trees

Well, what a disappointment these were!  I tried to cancel the day after ordering, but they were shipped in record time.  Just taking them out of the box and the plastic sleeves got glitter all over (and I like glittered items).  The branches were very plastic looking and the burlap wrap was fraying. Because of the way the battery box fit into the base, the trunk wasn't centered in the base, and with the burlap wrap, it was off center.  There were only 20 microlights and they weren't distributed very evenly among the branches.  But I did like the champagne color.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Review of H208966 - Valerie's glitter trees

This is not good.  I ordered one of each color!  Weird, the tracking shows it was sent by FedEx Home Delivery ~ I've never seen that with QVC before.  I'm sorry yours weren't as expected.  I'll post back when I receive mine and let you know how they turned out.  :-)

Honored Contributor

I hate when that happens and you don't like the item.  I have no problem with fast shipping, but it needs to be consistent.  Most of my items don't ship for four or five days after ordering them.  Lately as is shows the RDD as two weeks from the order date.  I live in the Midwest, not a small town that can only be gotten to my mule train.

Respected Contributor

Wow! I was sorry I missed out on these. I was on the fence but waited too long. Now I'm glad I waited. Sorry they were a disappointment for you. I was so disappointed in the glittery pine cone trees that I've been hesitant to order something new without reviews. Smiley Sad
Esteemed Contributor

Oh, nuts and no Christmas !! I ordered the white ones. Well, they will go back if they're awful, but I am (was) looking forward to receiving them. I tried to look at the product page to see if there are any reviews and they removed the information.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

Oh I am sorry to hear yours was not good. I almost ordered this. I am tired of poor quality and returning things.

Trusted Contributor

To all who ordered these - I didn't mean to put a damper on your expectations and excitement of receiving a new item.  I hope you love yours.  The concept is great and I really liked the way they looked lit.  I just didn't like the materials used and didn't think they were worth the price.  With the price of returns now, sometimes I'll keep an item I'm on the fence about, but not these.

Esteemed Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:
Wow! I was sorry I missed out on these. I was on the fence but waited too long. Now I'm glad I waited. Sorry they were a disappointment for you. I was so disappointed in the glittery pine cone trees that I've been hesitant to order something new without reviews. Smiley Sad

I agree.  I was thinking about these, too, and wondered about the glitter.  I got some finials last year and sent them back because of the glitter all over the place.

Trusted Contributor

Unless you could spray these to encapsulate the glitter and then have a place to store them fully fluffed out, I think it would be a continuous glitter shedding.  The glitter is that very fine glitter that sticks to everything and doesn't blow off.

Honored Contributor

@DecorDiva wrote:

To all who ordered these - I didn't mean to put a damper on your expectations and excitement of receiving a new item.  I hope you love yours.  The concept is great and I really liked the way they looked lit.  I just didn't like the materials used and didn't think they were worth the price.  With the price of returns now, sometimes I'll keep an item I'm on the fence about, but not these.

@DecorDiva  I will be recieving the champagne soon, so will post what I think.  Normally, I don't mind some glitter shedding because my vaccuum picks it up, but I don't want naked trees either, lol.