Respected Contributor

Received some more fall items.

Received my Jim Shore cat. Love it!!!  Including pics of my dogs of course, this time Gigi and Buddy, my 11 yr old seniors.  Gigi is blind (mature cataracts) so is sniffing the cat. 

E937F585-34CA-491F-B6EE-C18E241A9049.jpeg

2EC2D358-5A37-4862-8D88-2698357027D1.jpeg

Also received Valerie’s ceramic pumpkins with the gold splotches. I got the blue and white with the intention of using them in my dining room. In the background you can see DH’s contemporary metal wall art that has blue/teal in it, and I also included a pic of my reupholstered dining room chair to show how I thought everything would tie together. Thought of using some of my favorite MG pumpkins with them.

Here are some pics of the pumpkins on the table. I would have a runner and may do things differently, this is just a quick example of how it may look.  I may put a pretty glass bowl of beaded acorns in the center, or a pretty plate with the Barbara King pumpkin in the center. My dilemma is, what do you think of these pumpkins with the gold splotches?? The problem is the painting on the white ones is kind of shotty.  Lots of pics.  

CB22888C-CAA6-4E5F-9E87-2CDF6F8C9147.jpeg

370EC857-DA19-456D-948B-025A6182AFE0.jpeg

58415530-F81C-4DA3-9C4D-8906F6BA3B3D.jpeg

BDADC210-CD04-4EFD-989B-3A8779B5A5CD.jpeg

D755A9F9-9E94-43A5-9C18-3F74B477A3F4.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Re: Received some more fall items.

Love them. Pumpkins are a favorite.

Honored Contributor

I'd send the white pumpkins back as defective.  The up close shot shows the poor craftsmanship.  The table without the white goes well together with the room and chairs.  The doggies also go well with the kitty.

Respected Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

I'd send the white pumpkins back as defective.  The up close shot shows the poor craftsmanship.  The table without the white goes well together with the room and chairs.  The doggies also go well with the kitty.

Thanks!!  I was wondering how the blue looked without the white ones.  You answered my question.  The blue look fine but I’d be embarrassed to have people looking at the white ones while eating.  I appreciate your help!

Valued Contributor

I agree about sending the white pumpkins back unless you can eleminate a few of the "splotches" as they do not look randomly put on, but put on in a straight uniform line. I had to fix the red metal truck from VPH last year, as the splotches on the hood looked like two eyes looking at me instead of random rusting. Love everything else you show, though. And those pups....I could really love on them.

Honored Contributor

Love the Jim Shore cat and dogs sniffing pics. 

Respected Contributor

@nomar wrote:

I agree about sending the white pumpkins back unless you can eleminate a few of the "splotches" as they do not look randomly put on, but put on in a straight uniform line. I had to fix the red metal truck from VPH last year, as the splotches on the hood looked like two eyes looking at me instead of random rusting. Love everything else you show, though. And those pups....I could really love on them.

These white pumpkins would be hard to fix.   It’s not just a few areas.  It is crappy all over.  I’ll just return them.  Yay, another trip to the post office.  Even though I’m a perfectionist, I can handle a few imperfections to a point. These look like a child did it.  They are from China so who knows...😕

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@crazycockermom Not sure what the white pumpkin is made of but take a look at The Dollar Tree website, a white concrete pumpkin with a twisted stem & a leaf is available & might work for your display...only $1.00 so a bargain! Enjoyed seeing your sweet dogs & Shore cat.

Respected Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

@crazycockermom Not sure what the white pumpkin is made of but take a look at The Dollar Tree website, a white concrete pumpkin with a twisted stem & a leaf is available & might work for your display...only $1.00 so a bargain! Enjoyed seeing your sweet dogs & Shore cat.

Seriously, the white ones I got look like they came from the dollar store.  I will check out Dollar Tree.  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:

@GCR18 wrote:

Thanks!!  I was wondering how the blue looked without the white ones.  You answered my question.  The blue look fine but I’d be embarrassed to have people looking at the white ones while eating.  I appreciate your help!

If it were me @crazycockermom, I ditch the white ones as well. I think everything looks great without them, and they actually distract from the harmony of the rest of the pieces. 

I know we all say it often, but I love your doggies! I want to come visit, and just sit and love on them!