Esteemed Contributor

Re: REVIEWS OF ITEMS I HAVE RECEIVED

[ Edited ]

@DecorDiva wrote:

@SHOPR - thanks for the photos.  I love the scale of the carriage with the candle and candle ring.  I may do that as well. Did you order the trays online because they weren't available at the store?

@DecorDiva, Sorry, I don't know if they're available in any stores.  I'm not all that near a store and usually just order online.  I wanted to order several random things from HL and had spotted these same trays on Amazon for $49 per set.  When I searched HL site for the word tray, the identical trays showed up, and were only $29 for the set at the time.  They are MDF material, but if I can figure out a way to safely add a little brown or tan distressing to the outside walls, they will then be perfect for my swans.  The larger of the trays is the one I've used with the swans. 

HTH.

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR  I couldn't find the thread in which we discussed the luminara lanterns that I told you I hardly light so I was testing them.  I finally remembered to turn them on the other day, forgot to turn them off so they ran all night, still lit in the morning when I turned them off. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl, Oh I remember that conversation.  Well no doubt your batteries are still going strong, which is good.  It was one of those threads around the time of the Luminara TSV ornaments, I think.  Your experience and another person's (or two) means that not all of the Luminaras run down the batteries when left in on position in order to use the remote.  Interesting.

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@crazycockermom,  Thanks.  I was afraid they'd be too big for the carriage but I am liking them there.  Stalk as-is for them because there will likely be some returns--rough looking straight out of the box.

Thanks, I will.  Smiley Happy

I find it funny when I read reviews how people often open a box, look in and say they don't like it and return without giving the item a try.  

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@DecorDiva wrote:

@SHOPR - thanks for the photos.  I love the scale of the carriage with the candle and candle ring.  I may do that as well. Did you order the trays online because they weren't available at the store?

@DecorDiva, Sorry, I don't know if they're available in any stores.  I'm not all that near a store and usually just order online.  I wanted to order several random things from HL and had spotted these same trays on Amazon for $49 per set.  When I searched HL site for the word tray, the identical trays showed up, and were only $29 for the set at the time.  They are MDF material, but if I can figure out a way to safely add a little brown or tan distressing to the outside walls, they will then be perfect for my swans.  The larger of the trays is the one I've used with the swans. 

HTH.

I've seen these trays at HL for about a year now, and I've almost bought them several times. What stops me is that the biggest one is HUGE! I'm not sure I have many surfaces that will handle it on any kind of regular basis. The smaller one is great too. I love the look of the distressing on them, the shape and the handles. 

I still may pick them up someday, when on sale. Like them a lot.

And @SHOPR I passed by on that pumpkin carriage because my initial reaction was 'Cinderella'. but seeing it done with that beautiful candle ring....oh man....that is beautiful and perfect. Love it!

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio

Thank you.  I'm not into Cinderella but saw this carriage as basically just a good sized centerpiece for my table.  I suppose it is whimsical, but that huge candle ring really softens that aspect a little IMO.  I ordered from Kirkland's a cream resin pumpkin that looks like it'll be a bit rustic and realistic, and can't wait to get it and see how it looks in the carriage.  

Since the black tray outer edges were not distressed at all, I sanded them, and here is the result, below.  I needed the large tray for the swans.  @DecorDiva, Not sure if you're wanting the trays but paging you here just in case.  

20170822_094406-1.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@DecorDiva wrote:

HTH.

@SHOPR @DecorDiva  I was on HL site yesterday looking at trays and these are on sale this week for $29.  I think between HL and Amazon we can find some pretty trays at fair prices.  I bought my mirrored turn table on Amazon for $14.99 a few years ago.

Esteemed Contributor

@lucymo. That's what I paid for them, plus s&h for my order of several things.  Not too bad for two trays.  I bought an outdoor small Mirage pillar also, and I think I paid $10.99 for it.

I wanted a large one with a low edge that looked rustic, and this was the best match I could find.  

Trusted Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@Mominohio

Thank you.  I'm not into Cinderella but saw this carriage as basically just a good sized centerpiece for my table.  I suppose it is whimsical, but that huge candle ring really softens that aspect a little IMO.  I ordered from Kirkland's a cream resin pumpkin that looks like it'll be a bit rustic and realistic, and can't wait to get it and see how it looks in the carriage.  

Since the black tray outer edges were not distressed at all, I sanded them, and here is the result, below.  I needed the large tray for the swans.  @DecorDiva, Not sure if you're wanting the trays but paging you here just in case.  

20170822_094406-1.jpg

The sanding is a great improvement.  I saw these trays on line at HL and I may check the store to see if they have them and save the shipping costs.  My kitchen is done in cream and black and I would love to have these (not that I don't have other trays, but not in black and in such an attractive shape.  I'm liking the swans the more I see them.  See how easy rationalization comes to us?

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo. That's what I paid for them, plus s&h for my order of several things.  Not too bad for two trays.  I bought an outdoor small Mirage pillar also, and I think I paid $10.99 for it.

I wanted a large one with a low edge that looked rustic, and this was the best match I could find.  

@SHOPR  Did you see the QVC Insider showing the set of mirror trays coming in September?  I have the 15" one that I got at Amazon a few years ago.  I checked and it's still available but I'm sure I didn't pay the price that it is now, $61.32, American Atelier. I wonder what QVC's price will be for the set of two.

100_3264.jpg

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

This look like a good place to add my photos of the set of 3 candle rings and pumpkin carriage I received. 

Like @DecorDiva mentioned up-thread, I'm also pleased with the candle rings.  A warning for anyone who doesn't have them already--only open when you are in a patient mood and allow yourself at least 10 or 15 minutes per ring to adjust them, and I think you'll LOVE them.  They have lots of floral wire guiding the long branches, and that allows for plenty of adjustability.  The leaves do have the plastic veining on the back, but I don't know where to buy any that don't.  I have a more expensive set from Grandin Road that are made with the same plastic veining.

I'm tickled pink with the pumpkin carriage.  I temporarily added a 6" tall x 3.5" wide VPH marble candle to it, but I want to add a single pumpkin when the time comes.  

The pics showing side by side candle rings are to show that the small one from HobbyLobby.com cost $7.19 on sale, and the VPH rings were $9.25 each (I had to pay s&h on both items but did not factor into cost above) so the prices are not bad on the VPH set considering the size.  I'd say the quality of the two is close to the same, except I expected the HL one to appear a little larger than it actually does. 

FYI, I also bought the black weathered tray that is under the ivory swans in one pic.  They come in a set of 2 on HL website and were 50% off.  They don't show up well in the pic but have a pretty curvy shape.  I need to distress the outside wall, though, because they are looking solid black, which isn't the idea I had in mind when I ordered them.  

20170815_202409-1.jpeg20170815_203355.jpeg20170815_203540-1.jpeg20170815_204735-1.jpeg20170815_204852-1.jpeg

Black Weathered Trays with Curved Edges

@SHOPR  I couldn't find the thread in which we discussed the luminara lanterns that I told you I hardly light so I was testing them.  I finally remembered to turn them on the other day, forgot to turn them off so they ran all night, still lit in the morning when I turned them off. Smiley Happy

@Marsha2003, @SHOPR

Marsha, I'm not sure if you caught up with Shopr.  She has the candle ring you were asking about.