Valued Contributor

Question About Christmas In July

I wasn't a member of QVC last July. Can someone tell me if the prices on Christmas trees are less expensive in Christmas in July or right after Christmas?
Thank you.

I'm pretty,but I'm not beautiful.
I sin, but I'm not the devil.
I'm good,but I'm not an angel.
Marilyn Monroe
Trusted Contributor

Re: Question About Christmas In July

While they have clearance sales on many items after Christmas, your best bet for the best deal would probably be when trees are the TSV, which I'm guessing will be the case on July 13.  You'll have the opportunity for Easy Pay, and you may even get free shipping.  

Honored Contributor

You will have a better selection during Christmas in July.

I'm sure you will find your best deals on Christmas Trees after Christmas.

Why not search for Christmas Tree Deals online & see what comes up. I would think places would have sales on them right now while people are not buying them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SweetSydney

Welcome to the boards! Hope you will join us here for Christmas in July (CIJ), as we have lots of fun and there are a number of new posters joining in recently.

As for trees, the best selection will be between July and October. They most likely will have a Today's Special Value on at least one tree during that time, and those are usually good prices.

But honestly, just before Christmas, and right after Christmas will have the cheapest prices. The problem will be selection. Many sizes and styles will be sold out. Shipping is a big expense on trees so watch for free shipping day or when they have a TSV they often give free shipping. 

Another thing to know is that usually beginning on or about Sept. 25th, things purchased on QVC are returnable until Jan. 31st. That gives you 4 months to make sure the tree is going to work well for you and have no problems. Trees offered and bought during Christmas in July have the same thing, returnable till Jan 31st. 

So anytime in the fourth quarter (well actually longer than that technically!) you find what you want in a tree, you have lots of time to make sure it will work for you.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz wrote:

You will have a better selection during Christmas in July.

I'm sure you will find your best deals on Christmas Trees after Christmas.

Why not search for Christmas Tree Deals online & see what comes up. I would think places would have sales on them right now while people are not buying them.

@NightowlzThank you very much. I've searched Christmas trees & nothing has come up that I would like. I think I'll more than likely shop Christmas in July.

Marilyn Monroe
Valued Contributor

@Mominohio
Thank you so much for welcoming me to the

@Mominohio wrote:

@SweetSydney

Welcome to the boards! Hope you will join us here for Christmas in July (CIJ), as we have lots of fun and there are a number of new posters joining in recently.

As for trees, the best selection will be between July and October. They most likely will have a Today's Special Value on at least one tree during that time, and those are usually good prices.

But honestly, just before Christmas, and right after Christmas will have the cheapest prices. The problem will be selection. Many sizes and styles will be sold out. Shipping is a big expense on trees so watch for free shipping day or when they have a TSV they often give free shipping. 

Another thing to know is that usually beginning on or about Sept. 25th, things purchased on QVC are returnable until Jan. 31st. That gives you 4 months to make sure the tree is going to work well for you and have no problems. Trees offered and bought during Christmas in July have the same thing, returnable till Jan 31st. 

So anytime in the fourth quarter (well actually longer than that technically!) you find what you want in a tree, you have lots of time to make sure it will work for you.

@Mominohio
Thank you for welcoming me to the Boards! I will definitely join you here for Christmas in July.
I plan on shopping in July, because I don't want to miss out on getting the tree that I want. My husband & I have an 8'  Christmas tree in our Great room. But  I want a Christmas tree on our second floor.
Thank you so much for explaining everything to me.

Marilyn Monroe
Valued Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

While they have clearance sales on many items after Christmas, your best bet for the best deal would probably be when trees are the TSV, which I'm guessing will be the case on July 13.  You'll have the opportunity for Easy Pay, and you may even get free shipping.  

@TenderMercies
I  apolgize, I missed your post. Thank you, I'll check on July 13th. I also plan on checking July 1st. I bought one of Aimee Kestenberg crossbody purses on Easy Pay. That was my  1st purchase on QVC.

Marilyn Monroe
Valued Contributor

@SweetSydney wrote:

@Mominohio

@Mominohio wrote:

@SweetSydney

@Mominohio
Thank you for welcoming me to the Boards! I will definitely join you here for Christmas in July.
I plan on shopping in July, because I don't want to miss out on getting the tree that I want. My husband & I have an 8'  Christmas tree in our Great room. But  I want a Christmas tree on our second floor.

@Mominohio
I forgot to ask, do you know if Hallmark brings back their flocked Christmas trees?
I have MS and spend most of my  time upstairs  in my bedroom, so I'd like to have a tree on the landing of the staircase. I really loved the  Hallmark 6.5' flocked tree with the multicolor lights.

Marilyn Monroe
Honored Contributor

@SweetSydney, I bought that exact same tree last Christmas in July! I got it on easy pay and free shipping. It’s a beautiful tree! 

Honored Contributor

@SweetSydney wrote:

@SweetSydney wrote:

@Mominohio

@Mominohio wrote:

@SweetSydney

@Mominohio

@Mominohio
I forgot to ask, do you know if Hallmark brings back their flocked Christmas trees?
I have MS and spend most of my  time upstairs  in my bedroom, so I'd like to have a tree on the landing of the staircase. I really loved the  Hallmark 6.5' flocked tree with the multicolor lights.

@SweetSydney

A lot of times, they don't bring back the same things, but I will say, flocked trees have been really hot on Q the last two seasons, and they sell out quick in many sizes. If the Hallmark ones doesn't come back, my guess would be that there will be at least one other flocked tree, probably more, from other vendors.