Valued Contributor

Re: Question About Christmas In July

@Spurt wrote:

@SweetSydney

If you are looking for a tree....I found my best deal at Home Depot, but the problem is they don't start offering their trees until October.....That's when I got my 7 1/2 foot Martha Stewart with lots of bells and whistles (change from white lights to multi, and of course steady mode, glistening mode, or flash mode)...in pole lighting too, and at a good sale price too.... You can shop for trees at Home Depot online or in store whichever is convenient. 

And I searched everywhere in town---Home Depot, Lowes, Michaels, Target, Hobby Lobby, JCP, Walmart .......

@Spurt

Thank you, Spurt, but I have my heart set on a Hallmark Flocked tree. I have a beautiful 8' tree in my  Great room. I just want another tree for upstairs.

I'm pretty,but I'm not beautiful.
I sin, but I'm not the devil.
I'm good,but I'm not an angel.
Marilyn Monroe
Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@SweetSydney If I'm not mistaken, they often sell last year's trees earlier in CIJ, and later they sell the new models. The prices are usually quite good. @Mominohio You know so much about this. Am I presenting this accurately?

@PA Mom-mom

I've noticed the same thing. The trees during CIJ are often the old ones from years past. 

Now that we have both stepped out there, I'm sure they will introduce a million new trees in July this time! LOL

@Mominohio Hahaha! Without a doubt. That's why I dragged you into this.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@SweetSydney If I'm not mistaken, they often sell last year's trees earlier in CIJ, and later they sell the new models. The prices are usually quite good. @Mominohio You know so much about this. Am I presenting this accurately?

@PA Mom-mom

I've noticed the same thing. The trees during CIJ are often the old ones from years past. 

Now that we have both stepped out there, I'm sure they will introduce a million new trees in July this time! LOL

@PA Mom-mom

Oh I see where this is going. Misery loves company! LOL

And on a side note, does the PA in your nic stand for Pennsylvania? My mom is from near Pittsburgh, Washington PA. Spent some time in that area, and have driven the entire width of the state. I'm telling you, that is one very wide state (or to not offend the natives the commonwealth), and it takes forever to get from one side to another. But a more beautiful drive you will never find. 

I wonder if people who aren't from PA or haven't spent much time there, realize how much open country is still there. I knew, but it really comes into focus when you drive completely across the state. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@PA Mom-mom

@PA Mom-mom

Oh I see where this is going. Misery loves company! LOL

And on a side note, does the PA in your nic stand for Pennsylvania? My mom is from near Pittsburgh, Washington PA. Spent some time in that area, and have driven the entire width of the state. I'm telling you, that is one very wide state (or to not offend the natives the commonwealth), and it takes forever to get from one side to another. But a more beautiful drive you will never find. 

I wonder if people who aren't from PA or haven't spent much time there, realize how much open country is still there. I knew, but it really comes into focus when you drive completely across the state. 

@Mominohio I think you seem to be the expert on CIJ. Just sayin'. I'm from Southeastern PA, but my son and his family live near P'burgh. There's something in the water out there! I'm kind of tied to PA. Family on all sides, including my DH, have been in the same spot for over 300 years. We kinda like it.

Frequent Contributor

I have done a lot of shopping around for Artificial Christmas trees and believe me that if you want a lot of functions on your tree like height, color motion lights and so forth it seems to me that QVC has got a lot more to offer then Home Depot, Target, Walmart ect.  I have always seemed to find the best looking trees on the Q,  Granted Christmas tree companies on line have some really nice tree's but you have to pay a lot more.  I hope you find one you like.

Respected Contributor

@loveschocolate I bought the Hallmark flocked tree with white lights last year during CIJ (sale price, free shipping & easy pay). This was my 1st artificial tree (I always had real trees). This tree is absolutely stunning. I decorated it in red, gold & silver and used a snowman's hat tree topper. It was just beautiful. @SweetSydney I hope it is available this year for you.

Honored Contributor

@DJs mom, I just LOVE this tree! I got the multi lights and didn’t want to take my tree down, it’s that beautiful! I hope @SweetSydney can get the one she wants. 🎄

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Gran Gran of two wrote:

I have done a lot of shopping around for Artificial Christmas trees and believe me that if you want a lot of functions on your tree like height, color motion lights and so forth it seems to me that QVC has got a lot more to offer then Home Depot, Target, Walmart ect.  I have always seemed to find the best looking trees on the Q,  Granted Christmas tree companies on line have some really nice tree's but you have to pay a lot more.  I hope you find one you like.

@Gran Gran of two
I bought a gorgeous  Christmas  tree 4 years ago at Carson Pirie Scott, but I agree with you, that was the only tree I've seen in the stores that was as nice as what I've seen on QVC.  (I lucked  out on that tree - I bought the floor model, had problems withthe lights  & company sent me a brand new tree.) Thank  you,  I hope Hallmark brings the 6.5' or 7'5' flocked Christmas tree back.

Marilyn Monroe
Valued Contributor

@loveschocolate wrote:

@DJs mom, I just LOVE this tree! I got the multi lights and didn’t want to take my tree down, it’s that beautiful! I hope @SweetSydney can get the one she wants. 🎄

@loveschocolate

Thank you - I have my fingers crossed. Since the Hallmark flocked Christmas  trees were such big sellers,and QVC had them two years, I'm hoping they'll bring them back again this year.

Marilyn Monroe
Honored Contributor

@Gran Gran of two wrote:

@Gran Gran of two

I totally agree.

Places like Balsam Hill have the very best, but oh boy the price.

The trees on Q tend to have the latest and more functions than anything I see at the big box stores ever. And again, if people buy their tree that is featured during CIJ, or after Sept. 25th, you have many months to be sure it is going to work well, with returns through Jan 31st.