Esteemed Contributor

Re: Prayers for Florida And Other Areas.

@crazycockermom wrote:
This storm is scary. Laying on the couch with my dogs in my lap, listening to the wind howling and the rain pouring. Tree across the street fell and knocked out the power. Another big one in the backyard neighbor's yard fell. And the big winds haven't even come yet. Supposed to come between midnight and 2. Yay. This sucks. Pray all are aafe.

@crazycockermom, I hope you were spared any damage.  Also hoping the same for our other Florida posters.  I've not been able to watch much weather reporting since about the time that Irma made landfall near Naples.  Being without power, phone service and safe water, even if there is little property damage, is SO difficult.  It really gives one a new perspective on day to day living.

My thoughts and prayers continue to be with all of you.  Please let us know if you're okay when you can.  

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom  I just saw your post.  I hope you are safe and didn't suffer any major damage.  My family in S FL have two trees down on their house so I don't hold much hope for the contents.  They haven't been allowed back in the neighborhood unless they got in today.  She is dreading seeing her stuff but they have their lives and that's most important.

Please post when you can so we know you're ok.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo, if you only knew how important this tread you started is to any/all of us in Florida.  Thank you, thank you.  DH & I are ok, dealing with the aftermath which can be worse than the actual storm.  My forum friends are extremely important to me at times like this.  So glad I can start posting again!  

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@lucymo, if you only knew how important this tread you started is to any/all of us in Florida.  Thank you, thank you.  DH & I are ok, dealing with the aftermath which can be worse than the actual storm.  My forum friends are extremely important to me at times like this.  So glad I can start posting again!  

@BornToShop  Oh, how wonderful to see you check in, girl.  I've wondered about you, MTH and our FL posters.  We prayed for your safety and God heard us.  Thankful for that.

I hope you didn't have a lot of damage.My kids in Homestead can't get back to their house but they know there's two trees down on the house and water in it. She had so much pretty stuff in her house.  But, it's 'stuff' and they are physically uninjured and that's what's important.

I saw some video of Jacksonville today and I was amazed at the water covering such an area. I'm so glad to hear from you and that you are both safe.

Esteemed Contributor

@BornToShop, I'm so glad you checked in and have a way to communicate again.  So sorry for what you're going through.  Hang in there!

@lucymo, Good thoughts and prayers for your family as they work their way down to see what is left of their home.  :-(

Hoping everyone is okay. 

Have we heard from @crazycockermom anymore? What about @MTH

@flickerbulb, I saw your post on another thread.  So glad you're alright. 

@Regal Bee?

I know I'm forgetting a bunch of FL people's names but it's not intentional. 

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@BornToShop, I'm so glad you checked in and have a way to communicate again.  So sorry for what you're going through.  Hang in there!

@lucymo, Good thoughts and prayers for your family as they work their way down to see what is left of their home.  :-(

Hoping everyone is okay. 

@Regal Bee?

@SHOPR  My kids got to go their house and there's water in it still and trees have broken windows and about demolished  the house.  Some low lifes have waded water, climbed in windows and looted all her purses, clothes and personal stuff that wasn't damaged.  They are living in a motel for now, both of them are store managers, stores not suitable to open but they are trying to clean her store today.  Her car is also totaled, only two years old. Takes forever in a disaster for insurance companies to get around to all of the damage.  But, this too shall pass, we have to believe that.

I'm very concerned  about @MTH and @crazycockermom and anyone that I've missed mentioned.  I know MTH is in S Fl so she had to get some problems.  I pray for all of them who have lost everything.  I can't even begin to understand how that would be.

Florida posters, we pray for you to be safe and without major damage. Please check in when you can.  I know the internet and phone service is bad in some areas.  Blessings to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

@lucymo, Oh no that's terrible news on your kids' home and property.  As if it isn't heart-wrenching enough to come home to the reality of that kind of damage, they also had to deal with knowing their private property had been invaded and looted.  That makes me so angry. 

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo, Oh no that's terrible news on your kids' home and property.  As if it isn't heart-wrenching enough to come home to the reality of that kind of damage, they also had to deal with knowing their private property had been invaded and looted.  That makes me so angry. 

@SHOPR  I think this happens when a disaster occurs.  We watched videos on the news of looters brazenly carrying stuff from stores and going back in for a second arm load.

Thanks for your compassion.  I feel so bad for my kids but I can't do much about it.  Looting makes me angry too no matter who the victims are.

On a brighter note, have you been shopping lately?  I went to a TJ Maxx and they had so little fall decor and none that interested me.  Went to Target, nothing but a few $1 mini pumpkins.  They are cute though and for that price too. I think people are doing a lot of decor shopping for fall this year.  TJM shelves looked like they had been cleaned out.  Of course, some of their other stores might have more.  This one was close to where we had to be that day. You know that I needed to buy more decor.  lol

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

Hoping everyone is okay. 

@Regal Bee?

@SHOPR  My kids got to go their house and there's water in it still and trees have broken windows and about demolished  the house.  Some low lifes have waded water, climbed in windows and looted all her purses, clothes and personal stuff that wasn't damaged.  They are living in a motel for now, both of them are store managers, stores not suitable to open but they are trying to clean her store today.  Her car is also totaled, only two years old. Takes forever in a disaster for insurance companies to get around to all of the damage.  But, this too shall pass, we have to believe that.

I'm very concerned  about @MTH and @crazycockermom and anyone that I've missed mentioned.  I know MTH is in S Fl so she had to get some problems.  I pray for all of them who have lost everything.  I can't even begin to understand how that would be.

Florida posters, we pray for you to be safe and without major damage. Please check in when you can.  I know the internet and phone service is bad in some areas.  Blessings to all of you.

@lucymo  How terrible for your kids, but so glad they are physically fine.  How traumatic to lose everything in their home, a car, and damage to their business also, so devastating.

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@BornToShop  So good to hear that you and DH are fine, physically.