Honored Contributor

Re: Prayers for Florida And Other Areas.

@Zhills wrote:

Thanks.  Looks like the entire state will need them.  

This storm is really scary.  Lots of people are comparing the Hurricane to other smaller ones in the past and are seemingly unconcerned.  

Surely do hope they are right!

@Zhills  I don't think there has been one of this magnitude on record to compare Erma to.  People need to take this seriously.

I will be praying for the safety of everyone.  I have very close family in South Florida so I am very concerned for them too.

Esteemed Contributor

My heart hurts for everyone who is suffering from Harvey, and for those who face Irma.  The recovery period for both will most likely be very, very lengthy and traumatic.  You are all in my thoughts and prayers.  Thinking of some in FL who post here regularly, and wondering if they have checked in lately?  

I don't see how Irma won't affect the entire FL peninsula (and then to the north) to some damaging degree.  This is so terrifying, and unfortunately, the terror and destruction doesn't go away for the residents once the news reporters move on to other stories.  What an awful situation for so many at this time. 

Honored Contributor

Along with prayers for all affected by all this terrible weather. I wonder just how many more terrible storms we can all handle for awhile.

This is a lot of destruction all at one time, and it isn't like it will all be put back in place and cleaned up in just a couple of months. 

There are going to be years worth of rebuilding when both of these storms recede and the toll is taken. 

I feel so bad for those going through this right now. It must seem  overwhelming not only during these events, but afterward for a very long time.

And the economic cost is only the beginning for those living in the affected areas. 

Prayers for everyone's safety.

Honored Contributor

It is really scary.  🙏🙏🙏

Valued Contributor

i've been thinking about, and praying, for everyone who could possibly be affected by this storm. I keep thinking there must a way that the intensity losses strength for whatever reason, but have no idea if it's even possible.

I can't even fathom how scary it has to be to just try to get ready and wait. I'm so afraid for everyone. Please be as safe as you can, and please leave if you;re asked to!  Many hugs and prayers, pinky

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My thoughts and prayers are with those on the Texas coast as the begin the long process of recovery. And also for those in the path of Hurricane Irma! ---Stay safe!

Image result for kitty praying

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I have been watching news coverage almost nonstop. So scary. Can't imagine going through that. Prayers for everyone.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

I hope everyone stays safe and doesn't suffer as much damage as is feared.

Respected Contributor

This storm is scary. Laying on the couch with my dogs in my lap, listening to the wind howling and the rain pouring. Tree across the street fell and knocked out the power. Another big one in the backyard neighbor's yard fell. And the big winds haven't even come yet. Supposed to come between midnight and 2. Yay. This sucks. Pray all are aafe.
Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom Stay away from the windows.  🙏🙏🙏