Occasional Contributor

Looking at a couple of programs titled, "Practical Gifts".  What is practical about a$350.00 item, or even a $200.00 item?  They are not what the average person calls "practical", QVC.  And you show the same items over, and over, and over and you are getting to be like a rerun.  Please, redo whatever you are doing.

Esteemed Contributor

@peachluv

Only a tiny portion of the QVC inventory is presented on TV.

Use the search bar to track down things that you find practical.

Trusted Contributor

Practical does not necessarily mean affordable for every individual.

Esteemed Contributor

The phrase "practical gifts" typically refers to gifts that are functional and useful for specific purposes rather than just being decorative or fun. Price is not usually a factor in this category, as it will encompass everything from a Scrub Daddy to a toaster oven to a riding lawnmower.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

The phrase "practical gifts" typically refers to gifts that are functional and useful for specific purposes rather than just being decorative or fun. Price is not usually a factor in this category, as it will encompass everything from a Scrub Daddy to a toaster oven to a riding lawnmower.

You are absolutely correct, however I better not get a scrub daddy for a gift, I would call that a gift of spite. LOL

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

So a show entitled Cheap Practical Gifts is what you prefer.

Respected Contributor

@peachluv wrote:

Looking at a couple of programs titled, "Practical Gifts".  What is practical about a$350.00 item, or even a $200.00 item?  They are not what the average person calls "practical", QVC.  And you show the same items over, and over, and over and you are getting to be like a rerun.  Please, redo whatever you are doing.

You seem to be confusing 'practical' and 'inexpensive'. If the show had been called "Affordable Gifts" and had items over $300, I might agree, though affordable is relative. If it had been called "Gifts on a Budget," I'd have agreed with you, even if a budget is also relative. But 'Practical' isn't about monetary value.

Computers, tablets, or mobile phones are all practical, but not inexpensive. 

Air filters, heaters, vacuum cleaners, or Instant Pots are practical, but not necessarily inexpensive.

Organizers or handbags are practical and come in a range of prices.

Jewelry isn't practical and also comes in a wide range of prices. 

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@loriqvc

This is exactly my response!

Many really great practical gifts are very expensive. 

I'm one of those women, that if I want or need a new vacuum, stove, kitchen appliance, etc. I'm not offended to get one for a holiday gift. 

In fact, most every gift we have given/received over the last few holiday seasons, has been practical. We are all at a place we have all our wants, and have focused on things people will use and need. 

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@loriqvc wrote:

You are absolutely correct, however I better not get a scrub daddy for a gift, I would call that a gift of spite. LOL

@QVCkitty1 I give Scrub Daddy sets as stocking stuffers every year! My children rely on them! 

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@loriqvc wrote:

@QVCkitty1 I give Scrub Daddy sets as stocking stuffers every year! My children rely on them! 

@PA Mom-mom, I'm glad your children enjoy them, as for me I will buy my own sponges, different strokes.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan