Regular Contributor

Re: Pier 1 preparing to file for bankruptcy

The one in my town in on the list to close. It's too bad. It was nice to run over there if I needed last minute supplies (tableware, decor) for hosting parties or dinners. I suppose they feel they can't compete with Wayfair, but I haven't been thrilled by much of what little I have ordered on Wayfair. There really is nothing like being able to see and touch an item in person. I think the popularity of online retail will one day come crashing down, I just hope it's soon. 

Honored Contributor

The store closest to me went out of business. I thought I may get some good deals but they had little to offer. They didn't close when they said they would either. They drug it out and just kep throwing more tables in there. It seems like all that had were small tables and a few other items. Maybe someone elsewhere has had or will have better luck finding bargains than I did. There is another store not too far from here but it's very small and I don't care for it. You can barely move in there. I don't understand why that particular store wasn't closed.

Trusted Contributor

We have a Pier I in our town and they have always had nice things. It was always fun to cruise the store and I seem to always find something. I will miss them and sure hate to see another store go. 

Esteemed Contributor

@colliemom4 

Just got an email that one store not far from me in Maryland is closing.

There is another store about the same distance away, so I'll still have options.

I do enjoy their offerings, but at the stage in my life where I'm not buying much.  When I do shop, it's often online.

Guess I'm part of the problem Cat LOL

Trusted Contributor

at least i'll be able to shop on line.. i hope.. i shop online for alot of other stores that closed.. jcpenneys. kmart.. i;m hoping you can still shop online for pier one after they close..

Trusted Contributor

So many stores/ businesses near me are closing.  However, today on my farewell visit to A.C. Moore, and BB and B, I went to Pier One. The manager said that my local Pier One is not closing although three others around where I livevwill close their doors. 😁

Trusted Contributor

I went in my location and it was low stock, I said ...this one is going to close.  Not surprised at all, I buy so much online. 

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!