Honored Contributor

PUTTING EASTER AWAY, GETTING READY FOR SUMMER

[ Edited ]

I am having pangs putting this decor away, so beautiful and cheerful it is, but now I will decorate for summer, brown bunnies and colorful mixed flower arrangements.  I always have an arrangement, according to seasons/holidays, in the bedroom, master bathroom, den, and in the kitchen, long island takes two on one side, one on the prep side, two on the long table, one on the baker's rack, one on the plant stand, one on a small area by the hutch, and one on the end of a counter on the sink side.

I don't decorate for the 4th of July, so this is it until Fall.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: PUTTING EASTER AWAY, GETTING READY FOR SUMMER

How wonderfull your idea it is indeed, good for you dear. Can you perhaps share your pictures with us here?

In Greece we say these days, HAPPY SUMMER and do enjoy your lovely home to the fullest dear!

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Esteemed Contributor

I put away my Easter decor a few days ago. We have had freezing nighttime temps so I am not yet feeling the summer decor. Most of it will wait until the beginning of June.

This week I will be doing my outdoor decor. It's forecast to finally warm up later this week.

Having the deck and outdoor furniture, rug, etc. power washed. After that it's off to the garden center.

I have changed the bedding in the guest room. Will change the bedding in the master this week. Besides that, indoor summer decor is limited to a few items in the living room and entry as well as the flowers in the basket that hangs on my front door instead of a wreath. White flowers with greens for summer.

I like things lighter and more spare during the hot summer months, including summer decor.

Valued Contributor

I have put away Easter and as cold as it has been it puts me in the mood for fall decor and fall candle scents. Kidding of course, but it is hard to think summer right now. But, I have put out some of VPH  wire birdcages with faux lemons and iimes in them and some white lanterns. I still have the VPH bunny holding the lit lantern on the side board and he might just stay all summer. He is that cute and I love the little bit of lighting I get in the darker corner of the room. Just got him this spring and he makes me smile everytime I see that light come on and see his floppy ears.

Honored Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

I put away my Easter decor a few days ago. We have had freezing nighttime temps so I am not yet feeling the summer decor. Most of it will wait until the beginning of June.

This week I will be doing my outdoor decor. It's forecast to finally warm up later this week.

Having the deck and outdoor furniture, rug, etc. power washed. After that it's off to the garden center.

I have changed the bedding in the guest room. Will change the bedding in the master this week. Besides that, indoor summer decor is limited to a few items in the living room and entry as well as the flowers in the basket that hangs on my front door instead of a wreath. White flowers with greens for summer.

I like things lighter and more spare during the hot summer months, including summer decor.

@queendiva   On years I don't put out a huge Easter display, I have a Spring on the island and I use white and green florals, and white with green hues, really stunning.

The white florals I will use in the summer arrangements will have white daisies and white coneflowers interspersed with other colors.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've put all Easter and rabbits away right after Easter.

Spring decorations will be out until June. 
  Angels, both figurines and candles have been out since. They seemed helpful with COVID19!
 There will be several shell themes in Foyer, living room, dining room and den. Summer flower arrangements in  green with bamboo will replace white flowers. Summer candles will be out.

It's just me here to see the seasonal decorations since social distancing, but I enjoy them!

Esteemed Contributor

I was reseraching  how to make a vertical  hanging  live  succulent frame  for my door as a summer arrangement . Home Deport had a few abt 2 weeks ago  , now they're all gone. So , I found a design that I plan to reproduce from this Youtube design which includes as metal watering can .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sDn-uR4nho