Honored Contributor

shopping.jpg

Tabletops Gallery Two Piece Round Serving Bowl Set "Alec"    H293549

Very pleased with these --  I even just posted a review on them, which I rarely do.

Just an FYI,  for a nice wedding or holiday gift, especially for someone who may have a modern or contemporary streak.  The delicate "line drawing" design on them does give a bit of a gallery feeling. 

I needed a fruit bowl for my counter, wanted something neutral, not too much pattern, but interesting.  The other bowl could be a very handy all purpose bowl, or supplementary fruit bowl.  For serving also, they'd be nice.  They are porcelain, but sturdy, and are microwaveable and dishwasher and freezer safe.

As I warned in my review though, the bigger bowl is gigantic at almost 12 inches across.  I like the added capacity though.

It's so nice to order something, especially something breakable, and have it arrive in good shape and better than you imagined!

Honored Contributor

Re: PRACTICAL BOWL GIFT IDEA?

I always need a large bowl or platter for vegetables that *sit out* such as tomatoes, avocados, onions, garlic and even potatoes sometimes.

My fruit would go in the smaller bowl.

I'm so glad yours came in one piece!

Trusted Contributor

@Oznell   Can you please measure how tall each bowl is.  I really like how they look.   Are they thin like Corelle or thicker?

Honored Contributor

The bowls are lovely and the simple design perfect!  I would put these in a place where I can admire them as I walk in the room!!!!!  I often put fruit in bowls that are just plain and something to grab from the pantry., These are eye catching and so much nicer!!

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @Lucky Charm ,  me too!

@CoffeeNut--   The large bowl is about 4 and 1/8" inches tall (or deep), and about 11 and 7/8" across.

The smaller bowl is 3 and 3/4" deep, and 9" across.

They are somewhat thicker than my Corelle bowls-- maybe because they are 'high-fired' porcelain?  They might need to be thicker b/c of that, maybe.  Other info you might need to know--  they are not a creamy white, nor a white-white like bone china.  They have more that European white porcelain look, with a slight grayish undertone that makes them a muted white, if that makes sense!

They are available at QVC, Macy's, Amazon, and BB and B, I noticed!

@spiderw,  I love your take on things--  I do just that (admire them), when I walk into the room!

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I always need a large bowl or platter for vegetables that *sit out* such as tomatoes, avocados, onions, garlic and even potatoes sometimes.

@Lucky Charm 

For your need, I'd look for a hand woven basket from Etsy.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@Lucky Charm 

For your need, I'd look for a hand woven basket from Etsy.

Thank you for that, I've never really looked *into* Etsy, have just seen pics posted *of* Etsy.  Neat stuff.

But for practicality, I use (Fiesta) bowls and platters for my veggies--something that can be washed regularly.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell They are lovely and thanks for posting!

Another place I look for serving pieces is Villeroy and Boch--especially the sales and closets!  Sometimes they have excellent things on great sales.

They also have a lot of pieces similar to this!  Pieces you can use with almost anything are always a great fine!

As super shopper OP finds!  

Honored Contributor

I love Villeroy and Boch too, @Sooner !

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

I love Villeroy and Boch too, @Sooner !

@Oznell This doesn't surprise me my dear!  NOT at all!  Woman Very Happy