Honored Contributor

@Constance2, I have never fixed Oyster "Dressing", but I have eaten it, and it is not bad, but very rich.  I am a Southerner and not far from the Gulf Coast, so it is popular here.  I have also had "dressing" with sausage, which is good also.  

Valued Contributor

After I moved to Washington state from TX for my job, my boyfriend (now DH) from Ohio, wanted oyster stuffing.  I made it, everyone loved it, but me, so I've only made it once in my lifetime. I like cornbread dressing the most. I have made other variations, but keep going back to cornbread. Maybe if someone else made it, I might like it.

Super Contributor

My sweet Mother in law use to make it that way. I never really cared for it but I ate it.

Esteemed Contributor

I make oyster "filling" for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Nearly all the adults and children in my family crave it. There are rarely any leftovers. Basically, I use 2 doz. oysters, a can of Bookbinder's oyster stew, a large loaf of bread (cut into pieces and dried slightly, milk, butter, onion, cellery, parsley, and a small amount of sage, rosemary and thyme. I use more savories than most "Dutchy" people here is eastern PA. Many local cooks use OTC crackers instead of bread. But I grew up with bread. Oysters in all forms are very popular with the PA German's in my part of the state and have been since the 18th century.