Honored Contributor

nutcracker.jpg

Need one or 2?

Ever worked retail?

Imagine coming in & there's a note on your locker "set up the Nutcracker display before you leave"

Esteemed Contributor

With me anywhere near, that is a disaster waiting to happen.  LOL!

Honored Contributor

I'll take the one in the top center.  LOL

Trusted Contributor

Too Funny.  Just me but nutcrackers kind of freak me out. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@software Hahahahaha! Actually, our collection sort of looks like that! We had one or two when our youngest son was born. For some reason, my sister in law decided to give him a nutcracker. Suddenly, it became a regular gift for him from ALL relatives and friends. At age 21 he finally put a stop to it. Ten years later, they are still housed with us! We have an army of them and never put them all out for Christmas. We love putting some in the powder room, however; just to creep out our guests.Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

The first nutcracker I bought was the Blue Prince 28 years ago. My son was only about 5 then and I remember him commenting,"you have got to be kidding me"! lol I collected the ones made in West Germany. My MIL actually had a few nutcrackers made in East Germany, I inherited those when she passed. I kid my son and tell him,"just think hon, all these nutcrackers will be yours one day".

Super Contributor

My first Nutcracker was given to me by my boss when I was working for Continuing Ed.

That started it, I fell in love with them and now have a collection just like it  in my family

room white lit cabinet.

My DH bought me two blue sequin ones dated 2017 from Target, Love em!

Regular Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@software Hahahahaha! Actually, our collection sort of looks like that! We had one or two when our youngest son was born. For some reason, my sister in law decided to give him a nutcracker. Suddenly, it became a regular gift for him from ALL relatives and friends. At age 21 he finally put a stop to it. Ten years later, they are still housed with us! We have an army of them and never put them all out for Christmas. We love putting some in the powder room, however; just to creep out our guests.Smiley Wink

My son has a large collection of nutcrackers that are still residing with us also.  My sister started the collection when he was 3 or 4.   He and my DIL claim they don't have room for them....hmmmm.  Our favorite one is 4ft tall and holds a small wooden tray between his outstretched arms. He's adorable.  I always put him out--- I tell people he's Cheeves, our Christmas butler.

Honored Contributor

That's a great way to see all the nutcrackers.  Only problem is when people try to reach and get one and knock over the row.  It would be a full time job straightening the display.

Esteemed Contributor

@Gardengal55 Our favorite is one my daughter brought home from Austria. It's a butcher holding sausage links! We like to make and smoke sausage, so that one always comes out at Christmas!