Honored Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper    I also noticed that the garland is shaped and looks quite rigid so I wouldn't like that.  Your decor idea sounds nice with the your garland.  I'm just not tempted by the new offerings today  and nothing in Valerie's show last night.  The metal trees are so unique that they may call my name later.  lol   I'm sitting here in my craft room looking at six empty glass cloches so think I need to do my own.  The colors aren't to my liking in the new bottle brush cloche.  I'm safe this time.  Woman Happy

@lucymo "six empty glass cloches" -- ooohhh the possibilities.  Please post what you finally decide to do with them, I'm sure it'll be lovely!

This sounds like a great idea @lucymo.  Where did you get the cloches?  I would love to copy this idea from Valerie, except I'd use a white bottlebrush tree with white micro lights.

@PeterDM  Hi Peter, I first got the cloche that Lisa R sold on the Q, then found some at Hobby Lobby but the best prices I found at TJ Maxx.  The ones from HL are the heaviest glass and with a 40% coupon are still very reasonable.  TJM doesn't always have  the cloches but the best in other types of glass containers and most of them are $15.99 and less.   I go there every couple of weeks and don't always find anything but often I do. 

Honored Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

What type of flowers would you say these are patterned after, in the Ed on Air trees?  I see also what look like lilies, but what are the others with six petals?  Anyone know? 

These are kinda cool looking. 

ED On Air Set of 2 Metal Floral Trees by Ellen DeGeneres

@SHOPR, kinda looks like Anemone but not sure. Some have six petals, most likely wild ones.

They look like lilies to me, although, that would be an odd choice for a Christmas item.  The wreath looks like artichoke flower buds, daisies, bay leaves, and petunias.  

@PeterDM  There are lilies on the tree but the small ones we're not sure of.  I may have to cave and get those trees.  They are definately unique but not sure about the brass color and the silver kinda looks gray in the pic.  I missed the presentation, busy day for me.

Honored Contributor

100_2645.jpg

Does my craft room look like a glass store or what?  @PeterDM@Caaareful Shopper

Honored Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper    I also noticed that the garland is shaped and looks quite rigid so I wouldn't like that.  Your decor idea sounds nice with the your garland.  I'm just not tempted by the new offerings today  and nothing in Valerie's show last night.  The metal trees are so unique that they may call my name later.  lol   I'm sitting here in my craft room looking at six empty glass cloches so think I need to do my own.  The colors aren't to my liking in the new bottle brush cloche.  I'm safe this time.  Woman Happy

@lucymo "six empty glass cloches" -- ooohhh the possibilities.  Please post what you finally decide to do with them, I'm sure it'll be lovely!

This sounds like a great idea @lucymo.  Where did you get the cloches?  I would love to copy this idea from Valerie, except I'd use a white bottlebrush tree with white micro lights.

That sounds gorgeous, Peter.  I'm just in love with the white decor and theres just something about white in glass with lights.  I don't care what style of decorating we use, that will be a great 'wow' piece.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

That sounds gorgeous, Peter.  I'm just in love with the white decor and theres just something about white in glass with lights.  I don't care what style of decorating we use, that will be a great 'wow' piece.

@PeterDM@countrygal  country gal just posted that Walmart has cloches too.

Trusted Contributor

Did anyone happen to see the presentation on the new illuminated glitter tree, H205346?  I missed it and was wondering if they are plastic, acrylic or glass?  Thanks!!

16.5 Illuminated Glitter Tree by Valerie

Honored Contributor

@10000Nicknames wrote:

Did anyone happen to see the presentation on the new illuminated glitter tree, H205346?  I missed it and was wondering if they are plastic, acrylic or glass?  Thanks!!

16.5 Illuminated Glitter Tree by Valerie

Acrylic.

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

What type of flowers would you say these are patterned after, in the Ed on Air trees?  I see also what look like lilies, but what are the others with six petals?  Anyone know? 

These are kinda cool looking. 

ED On Air Set of 2 Metal Floral Trees by Ellen DeGeneres

Depending on the proportion, could be Anemone nemorosa, or  maybe

Star-of-Bethlehem
Ornithogalum umbellatum
Lily family (Liliaceae)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

@lucymo, thank you for all the information!  I took off to the office to do some paperwork for a few hours (whoopie).  I'll check out Walmart for those cloches.  Are you watching YHJ?

QVC Customer Care

@lucymo I can see where there would be a question about the measurements of both items. I believe it may be in the base measurement, however to make sure I have emailed the Buyer. Unfortunately they are out of the office until Friday, so as soon as I have an answer I will let you know. Alice