Respected Contributor

National Petite and Proud Day !

From NationalToday.com   For all of my Petite forum friends

It’s time for short people to take over on Petite and Proud Day on May 4. Today, see how you can embrace your small stature with nothing but pride. The day is dedicated to all people below 5 feet 4 inches high, to allow them to unapologetically be proud of their stature. Short people are often teased about their height but this day makes sure they get all the positive attention they deserve.

I am proud to be 5'1 !   Woman LOL

It's also National Fitness Day, Orange juice day and 

International Respect for Chickens Day !

So I'm taking a walk, having a glass of orange juice when I get back. Not eating chicken today !! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: National Petite and Proud Day !

I am also 5'1and petite! Thanks for posting,

May all your dreams

Honored Contributor

So tired of everyone has to be special.  I'm petite, I'm not proud of it, not ashamed of it, it is my physical build.  Doesn't make me special, nice, kind, loveable, or generous.

Stop emphasizing this stuff!  Emphasize good people instead!  

Respected Contributor

I'm 4'11" and I make the most of every inch Smiley Very HappyHeart! Happy Petite and Proud Day Smiley Very Happy  

Honored Contributor

@SportyShorty07 wrote:

I'm 4'11" and I make the most of every inch Smiley Very HappyHeart! Happy Petite and Proud Day Smiley Very Happy  

@SportyShorty07 

My brother, 6-4, always loved short women.  He told me when he was a child and I was a teen that he wanted to marry someone short like me and he did.  He married a 4-11 (although I am taller than that) lady.  I am 5-3 now but was 5-5 years ago.  At 6-4, a 5-3 is short.  That lawyer knew what he wanted and he went for it.

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@SportyShorty07 wrote:

@SportyShorty07 

My brother, 6-4, always loved short women.  He told me when he was a child and I was a teen that he wanted to marry someone short like me and he did.  He married a 4-11 (although I am taller than that) lady.  I am 5-3 now but was 5-5 years ago.  At 6-4, a 5-3 is short.  That lawyer knew what he wanted and he went for it.

@Nonametoday  I love that story! I hope that I find a husband someday who loves my petite build Smiley Very HappyHeart.  I like it when a man knows his type and goes after it Smiley Happy 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm petite at 5 ft tall.My dad used to tell me that "all good things come in small packages ". He told it to my DH when we got engaged. When my husband buys me flowers he includes that message on the card.He's been doing it for 44 years.

Respected Contributor

@ NicksmomESQ  wrote:

I'm petite at 5 ft tall.My dad used to tell me that "all good things come in small packages ". He told it to my DH when we got engaged. When my husband buys me flowers he includes that message on the card.He's been doing it for 44 years.

I also heard the "all good things come in small packages" when growing up Woman LOL  Love the fact that your husband includes that message for you !

Respected Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@NicksmomESQ  That is such a tender and sweet story- I love it Smiley HappyHeartHeart! That was so lovely of your dad to tell you that and I love that your husband writes that on a card whenever he gets you flowers.  Many blessing to your marriage and Happy 44 Years Smiley HappyHeart!

Respected Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

What a beautiful story! May you have many more happy years together.