Honored Contributor

@SHOPR @lucymo  I think my deer are albinos, LOL.

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo, It was so sweet of you to take another pic next to the gold deer that I also have.  I will study all of the pics again tomorrow when I'm on the big computer.  On my phone I agree with you that they may not be a good choice to use there.  It is doubtful that the nearest CB will even have them and that is why I'm trying to figure out what the chances are of them working for me if I were to order them.  

Thank you again for the help.  :-)

@SHOPR  Not a problem to take the picture for you.  We all know how disappointing it is to order something and then not be able to use it as planned.  They are beautiful deer and I'm sure you will find somewhere to use them if you decide to go ahead and get them.  If you have a small table or even a TV tray, a box with a drape, I've used them all.  A few years ago we brought in a shelf from DH's shop, painted it and uses it to display all of my trees and houses.  If you sit still too long in my house at Christmas you may be wearing a garland.  lol

Hope you can figure out what to do and it works out for you.

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR

Glad your deer arrived safe and sound.  Aren't they neat??  I think they will work in either place you showed them.  They can go more elegant or casual, imo.  Also, imo, I'd give the bronze sleigh one more chance as I'm really happy with the coloring of mine and love how they go with the deer.  

By the way, I love that mirror!

@everyone else

I've decided to keep my silver set too, they go well enough together.  Thank you all for responding!

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl  Really?  Aren't albinos white?  I think mine get more silver with each passing day.  What little gold was on them seems to not show up now.  It may be because I have them parked next to some gold deer.  What does Confucius say about that, I wonder.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:

@SHOPR

Glad your deer arrived safe and sound.  Aren't they neat??  I think they will work in either place you showed them.  They can go more elegant or casual, imo.  Also, imo, I'd give the bronze sleigh one more chance as I'm really happy with the coloring of mine and love how they go with the deer.  

By the way, I love that mirror!

@everyone else

I've decided to keep my silver set too, they go well enough together.  Thank you all for responding!

@crazycockermom  I'm glad your purchases worked out for you.  Everything doesn't have to be a perfect match to each other.  My sleigh and deer don't 'match' either but are in the same family so if I decide to use them together I'm fine with them.  I got my sleigh last year and saw the deer presented this year so I knew they were different.

It will soon be time to start decorating.  I'm always a little sad to pack up the Harvest decor too.  But Christmas is my most favorite.  We all have new items to use so that's always exciting too.  I do the places that's hardest to do  first and work my way to the trees.  I'm excited for you to use all of your new things too.

Honored Contributor

I didn't order the gray deer from HL and today I saw the new weekly ad and the deer is now 50% off rather than 40% the last few weeks so sometimes it pays to wait.  Not sure I will get him now as I want to get everything delivered and organized shortly.  We'll see.

@mousiegirl

Honored Contributor

Re: My deer and sleigh...

[ Edited ]

@lucymoand anyone else interested....

Well let me tell you about my shopping expedition ----We went to Home Depot, Walmart, Target, Michaels, Lowes, and Hobby Lobby...........after all that, no tree, just a wreath and a ribbon to make a bow for the wreath.....DesiSmileys.com

Very very few 6 ft or 6.5 ft trees available......and the ones they had were pretty scrawny....some weren't even pre-lighted.....Now I know why people purchase their trees from QVC ---- Although those at QVC are much more expensive---the 7ft and 7.5 trees at Michaels, Lowes, and Home Depot were just as nice as QVC's and even had all the bells and whistles (pole in lighting, option to change color of lights etc etc) and much cheaper than QVC's......Anyway so far my sis is still contemplating and she thinks the 7 ft one at Michaels is a "possibility".......DesiSmileys.com

Hobby Lobby's trees were a tad pricey.....and not what she wanted but folks this is THE PLACE TO GO---every type of Christmas style is available, from traditional to woodsy, to elegant gold or silver, to pastel colors---they just have it all---so many wonderful things---lots of mercury glass (trees, deer, angels)---they had Santas, nativities, snowmen, nutcrackers......all kinds of different glass ornaments in boxes---plus all those ornaments hanging by the trees, and bottle brush trees of various kinds---some just like they sold on QVC with traditional Christmas colors and also Silver/white ones, and pastel too..Hobby Lobby is a Decorator's Paradise....      I actually did not buy a thing....I think I will go back on my own when I can shop more leisurely and take my time---there were several things I'm contemplating a couple of bottle brush trees and a small cardboard winter wonderland house to go with my Valerie village.....  Michaels did have some nice things too....

There was something strange at Target they still had a vast collection of extensive Halloween decor there.....very very little Christmas things out so far---no trees---no ornaments---over by the small appliances they had a sparse display with a few glass tree accents on a table , some Christmas pillows, and holiday linens but that was all---a little strange since its getting late in the season and other retailers are all in for Christmas decorating.....This is a Super Target, very busy, always crowded....perhaps Targets stuff is stuck on that ship owned by the shipping company that went bankrupt......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@lucymoand anyone else interested....

Well let me tell you about my shopping expedition ----We went to Home Depot, Walmart, Target, Michaels, Lowes, and Hobby Lobby...........after all that, no tree, just a wreath and a ribbon to make a bow for the wreath.....DesiSmileys.com

Very very few 6 ft or 6.5 ft trees available......and the ones they had were pretty scrawny....some weren't even pre-lighted.....Now I know why people purchase their trees from QVC ---- Although those at QVC are much more expensive---the nice 7ft and 7.5 trees at Michaels, Lowes, and Home Depot were just as nice as QVC's and even had all the bells and whistles (pole in lighting, option to change color of lights etc etc)......Anyway so far the 7 ft one at Michaels is a "possibility".......

Hobby Lobby's trees were a tad pricey.....and not what she wanted but folks this is THE PLACE TO GO---every type of Christmas style is available, from traditional to woodsy, to elegant gold or silver, to pastel colors---they just have it all---so many wonderful things---lots of mercury glass (trees, deer, angels)---they had Santas, nativities, snowmen, nutcrackers......all kinds of different glass ornaments in boxes---plus all those ornaments hanging by the trees, and bottle brush trees of various kinds---some just like they sold on QVC with traditional Christmas colors and also Silver/white ones, and pastel too..Hobby Lobby is a Decorator's Paradise....      I actually did not buy a thing....I think I will go back on my own when I can shop more leisurely and take my time---there were several things I'm contemplating a couple of bottle brush trees and a small cardboard winter wonderland house to go with my Valerie village.....  Michaels did have some nice things too....

There was something strange at Target they still had a vast collection of extensive Halloween decor there.....very very little Christmas things out so far---no trees---over by the small appliances they had a sparse display with a few glass tree accents on a table , some Christmas pillows, and holiday linens but that was all---a little strange since its getting late in the season and other retailers are all in for Christmas decorating.....This is a Super Target, very busy, always crowded....perhaps Targets stuff is stuck on that ship owned by the shipping company that went bankrupt......

@Spurt   I'm glad you stayed strong as Christmas decor is 50% off this week, another 10% helps some.  I am overwhelmed at HL this year as I think it's probably the best inventory I've seen there.

I do hope your sister finds the tree she's looking for.  Trees are hard to find with all the things most of us are looking for.  I need a new 7 1/2 ft tree but think I'll try to get by another year with the one I have. 

Hope when you go back to HL you find some good things.  I can't believe Target didn't have theirs out.  I haven't gone to ours yet but they usually have a very large display area.  Maybe they are having 'cash flow' problems too.

Honored Contributor

Re: My deer and sleigh...

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@Spurt   I'm glad you stayed strong as Christmas decor is 50% off this week, another 10% helps some.  I am overwhelmed at HL this year as I think it's probably the best inventory I've seen there.

I do hope your sister finds the tree she's looking for.  Trees are hard to find with all the things most of us are looking for.  I need a new 7 1/2 ft tree but think I'll try to get by another year with the one I have. 

Hope when you go back to HL you find some good things.  I can't believe Target didn't have theirs out.  I haven't gone to ours yet but they usually have a very large display area.  Maybe they are having 'cash flow' problems too.

@lucymo

The shopping expedition was quite a work out---LOL!!!  I think we might've gone to Pier 1 and another decor store just to look at garland and ornaments if it wasn't for NBA Spurs game that started at 7:30 PM--- But I told her to get the tree while they were on sale---Michael's had their trees 50% off!!!  She is just too picky---you aren't going to get everything---she wants incandescent lights not LED, clear (but doesnt have to be color changing) she wants it full to me thats a priority....  I got my 7.5 ft at Home Depot---Martha Stewart, light in pole, color changing---it is a bit heavy---but I will live with it.....  What's ironic she scolded me for getting a 7.5 ft said we are both getting older and should start down sizing....(hey Im not that old and yes it's taking me longer to do it all), but now she wants a 7 ft or 7.5 because they are nicer and more abundant---go figure---Woman Wink  What's sad is these trees don't last very long either--- I think the ones I've bought lasted 3 or 4 seasons at the most....then hinges give, branches start to sag.....some lights don't light (even though they are supposed to if one bulb goes out)---before you know it time to get another one....

I agree Hobby Lobby had a spectacular inventory this year!!!!  ---  such variety and so many unique things --- or perhaps it just appears more because QVC has been so limited in their selections/offerings--- Smiley Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl  Really?  Aren't albinos white?  I think mine get more silver with each passing day.  What little gold was on them seems to not show up now.  It may be because I have them parked next to some gold deer.  What does Confucius say about that, I wonder.  Smiley Happy

@lucymo  Well, yes white, but since mine are so much lighter than yours and the site pictures, they missed some pigment somewhere down the line, lol.

I noticed more silver in mine yesterday. Smiley Happy  I don't decorate with silver, but guess I will have to begin, because, and don't ask me why, I am confused, I ordered silver deer this year, what was I thinking, I have no idea, and no idea of where to put them.  I do have a tiny spot in the kitchen away from everything else, but nowhere else would they fit in. One day, there may be the perfect spot.