Frequent Contributor

Did anyone have any luck finding the black rod iron looking pedestals that Valerie used under some of the candles and harvest items?  She said she bought that her local home decor store.  I was hoping it was Michael's or Kohl's but I didn't find them in either place.  The item went very well next to the pumpkin carriage and 3 light pumpkin centerpiece.

Honored Contributor

Re: pedestals used by valerie

[ Edited ]

@westiemama  Buy some inexpensive pedestales and spray paint them matte black.  They'll look just like wrought iron. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@westiemama  Buy some inexpensive pedestales and spray paint them matte black.  They'll look just like wrought iron. 

@Kachina624  Absolutely.  I love my spray paint.  I've bought some ugly painted items at garage sales, cleaned and painted and had a nice piece.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624  Absolutely.  I love my spray paint.  I've bought some ugly painted items at garage sales, cleaned and painted and had a nice piece.

@lucymo  Isn't the cleaning a pain?  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I did not see Valerie's shows. Her local stores in NJ would be my local stores as I live in the town next to her's. I rather doubt that she was in our local K-Mart as it is quite run down, but they had black wrought iron finish gazing ball stands on clearance in the $10.00 range if I remember correctly.

Guessing she may have purchased items at Home Goods.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@lucymo  Isn't the cleaning a pain?  

@mousiegirl  Yes, it is a pain but a great feeling to see the finished piece.  I just love to transform a useless looking item into something nice.  I don't go to garage sales much anymore though, I have too much stuff.  You know about that too.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

There's a brand called Hammerite which gives a nice metal look. I used this brand to repaint all of my pulls in my kitchen.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

@westiemama

Hobby Lobby has these for $12

Small Iron Scroll Pillar Candle Holder

Kirklands has these in both 9 in and 11 in 

Weathered Bronze Scroll Candle Holder, 11 in.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@westiemama

@Spurt  I like the smaller.  The one I posted, in both heights, is sold out, so I removed my post.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@westiemama

@Spurt  I like the smaller.  The one I posted, in both heights, is sold out, so I removed my post.

@mousiegirl

No problem. I posted these because on the one that you posted (and now have deleted because it sold out) you had said it might be too tall so I found these. I also like the smaller ones too..........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”