Respected Contributor

Mosaic eggs and Easter decor questions

After all the damage I did with pumpkins and Christmas decor, I thought I was done for awhile.  But I went into Pier 1 the other day and saw all these cute bunnies.  There were actually too many to choose from.  I was overwhelmed by cuteness. 

Then I started looking at Valerie's decor and saw the chicks and bunnies someone mentioned in another thread, H207944.   That led me to Valerie's mosaic eggs, H207939.  Can't find the item # for the smaller ones. 

I've always liked these eggs, H204525, but never purchased.

Does anyone have any of these items and can you share your thoughts?  I don't want to get a lot of Easter decor to store, but I wouldn't mind a few pretty pieces for my dining room table or for the display cabinet in my living room.    

And anyone have the hygrangea wreath by Valerie?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Mosaic eggs and Easter decor questions

[ Edited ]

@crazycockermom wrote:

After all the damage I did with pumpkins and Christmas decor, I thought I was done for awhile.  But I went into Pier 1 the other day and saw all these cute bunnies.  There were actually too many to choose from.  I was overwhelmed by cuteness. 

Then I started looking at Valerie's decor and saw the chicks and bunnies someone mentioned in another thread, H207944.   That led me to Valerie's mosaic eggs, H207939.  Can't find the item # for the smaller ones. 

Does anyone have any of these items and can you share your thoughts?  I don't want to get a lot of Easter decor to store, but I wouldn't mind a few pretty pieces for my dining room table or for the display cabinet in my living room.    

@crazycockermom  I have four sets in the white, and they are GORGEOUS!

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:

I assume you're talking about the Home Reflections eggs since I think those are the only ones in white?   They are a little pricey but I'm sure worth it.  Contemplating getting two sets, white and another color, but I like the purple and blue too!!

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:

I assume you're talking about the Home Reflections eggs since I think those are the only ones in white?   They are a little pricey but I'm sure worth it.  Contemplating getting two sets, white and another color, but I like the purple and blue too!!

@crazycockermom  Yes.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl

Ok. Thanks!!   I think I like those better than Valerie's. Thanks for responding!

Honored Contributor

I don't care for much Easter themed decor, but those Home Reflections eggs are very nice. Looks like a new color this year.....buttercup, might be very nice. 

Too pricey for me for such a short decor season, though. Over $50 to get them to the door, so I'd have to really really love them for that.

Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:

@crazycockermom  I have 2 sets of H204525 in white, and they are very much worth the price.  The are substantial pieces, and the button cell batteries will last all season.  I remember many discussions about the Valerie Eggs/Chicks/Bunnies being very fragile and showing up brokien.  You won't have that problem with the Home Reflections Eggs.

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I don't care for much Easter themed decor, but those Home Reflections eggs are very nice. Looks like a new color this year.....buttercup, might be very nice. 

Too pricey for me for such a short decor season, though. Over $50 to get them to the door, so I'd have to really really love them for that.

It is rather pricey. I'm hoping for a special price or buy more save more or free shipping.  Not holding my breath though, lol.  

If I splurge, I have to be good and not get a bunch of Easter decor I don't need.  I don't think I've ever bought much Easter decor.  I have a big ceramic bunny and a ceramic basket of eggs that my mom made.  Oh, and a few stuffed bunnies and Easter baskets that were my husband's daughter's.  But that's it.  I'm not usually big on Easter decor either, but when I walked into Pier 1, all the cute bunnies got to me!   

Thanks for your input!!

Respected Contributor

@WhiteRussian wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:

@crazycockermom  I have 2 sets of H204525 in white, and they are very much worth the price.  The are substantial pieces, and the button cell batteries will last all season.  I remember many discussions about the Valerie Eggs/Chicks/Bunnies being very fragile and showing up brokien.  You won't have that problem with the Home Reflections Eggs.

Thank you so much!   Very good to know.  I think if I'll treat myself to a set or two of the Home Reflections eggs and pass on Valerie's items.  Now just to decide about colors...definitely want a white set.  They all look pretty!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@WhiteRussian wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:

@WhiteRussian

@crazycockermom

I just got the yellow chicks & they don't seem overly fragile to me. Of course they are glass & will break but they don't feel fragile-fragile. They are packed very well in styrofoam.

Maybe they improved them or I got lucky LOL!

Now I want the bunnies. Well, then I'll need the eggs too so they don't feel left out!