Honored Contributor

We never have the same one 2 days in a row.

Valued Contributor

Right!  We had the same man for years. He would keep us up on local news, like beware box mail thefts, who moved,  and so on. Then he retired. It does seem their routes are changed regularly these days, so you have no chance to get to know anyone, nor they us.

Esteemed Contributor

I would never leave a mail carrier a gift. I do, hosever, leave a monetary gift ($40) to the young man that delivers my Wall Street Journal every day before 6am. He is a college student and is now still doing this job for three years now. I'm so grateful for the home delivery of a hard copy paler that I want to give him a gift. Mail delivery? Never!

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I would never leave a mail carrier a gift. I do, hosever, leave a monetary gift ($40) to the young man that delivers my Wall Street Journal every day before 6am. He is a college student and is now still doing this job for three years now. I'm so grateful for the home delivery of a hard copy paler that I want to give him a gift. Mail delivery? Never!

@Goldengate8361 , I tip the person who delivers our local paper. The pay and hours are lousy.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

We do. He is amazing and works so hard. He has gone through double knee replacement and prostate cancer and just keeps plugging away with a smile on his face. We live up a steep hill and brings our packages up the hill and sixteen steps without complaint so you bet, we remember him. 

Honored Contributor

I do even though I think he's the worst mail carrier I ever had.  

I used to give the trash men a gift too until the state said we couldn't anymore.  Never did get a good answer why not.  "I don't know why," doesn't cut it.   

I'd give my UPS and FedEx driver a gift, too, but with so many temporaries used, I never know when my full time drivers will be delivering.  

Regular Contributor

@QVCkitty1 

I always give my mail person twenty dollars in a Christmas card, I make sure I hand deliver it, so it doesn't go to temporary help.

He always appreciates it and goes out of his way to deliver my boxes and packages under my covered porch.

FedEx just throws my boxes in my driveway.

UPS and Amazon place my boxes on my porch, but I do not get them a gift.

Honored Contributor

Well you've all given me something to think about, I truly did not think that this was a common practice. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

We always give our mail carrier a card with $20 in it.  I especially appreciate him this past year since he would take my QVC returns saving me a trip to the post office. He is such a nice young man and always smiling, I feel he deserves it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

I do even though I think he's the worst mail carrier I ever had.  

I used to give the trash men a gift too until the state said we couldn't anymore.  Never did get a good answer why not.  "I don't know why," doesn't cut it.   

I'd give my UPS and FedEx driver a gift, too, but with so many temporaries used, I never know when my full time drivers will be delivering.  

how would the State know you gave your trashman a gift?!