Super Contributor

Re: Luminara Fall TSV finally..

@SahmIam wrote:

@traveler  Mine said that on what page and on another said "ADVANCE ORDER".

I have no idea what the problem was but I cancelled mine on Sunday. No one at QVC was able to give me ANY info on this item. I and other family members all cancelled the order plus we've all sent the original product back we received in July because we ONLY ordered it to get the pumpkins. 

Well, kinda. We were giving the bride the Christmas balls for their "first tree as a married couple".

We're hit Michaels and found other candles to use instead at the reception.  I'm thrilled many of you are finally receiving yours and hope you enjoy them this holiday season! : )

I am really sorrySmiley Sad I know you were really counting on these.

Respected Contributor

I finally cancelled the pumpkin ones.  Took so long.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I just received a letter that I will not be receiving my autodelivery pumpkins until mid November.  Why send a letter this late?  I called over 2 weeks ago and have been checking my order status everyday.  Have others actually received theirs yet?  QVC did not give an explanation only to tell me to enjoy them?  What after Thanksgiving?..... Well I guess I have until the end of January to return the original TSV order, Mmmmmmmm  It is definitely not fair that some are receiving theirs and others are not.  This has been handled so badly.  Probably oversold again....

Super Contributor

Mine came yesterday.

The pumpkin globes are plastic grrr. Since we got a bit of a bait and switch with the plastic and the delivery issues they could have given us a price break.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh nooooo!  Are they plastic!? I had to tell my husband the situation today. I got a letter saying mine aren't being delivered until MID November! He was so excited to receive these, ugh.  As soon as I told him the whole mess, he asked if they are giving a discount, ugh.  I agree especilly if they are plastic.  Should I cancel my 3 sets and also return my Christmas sets???  You can buy really cheap hanging, glass  terrarium globes at craft stores.... The candle battery life is really short too, but really plastic?  

Esteemed Contributor

I cancelled mine a week ago because this whole AD thing seemed so off. Plus the ones that I had bought in the original set had such lousy battery life, that I decided I should save my $.

Hope if you get yours that you love them but I decided to not to spend the $.

Honored Contributor

Just saw the update. A few thoughts:

1) Plastic is junk. There is NO EXCUSE to charge what they are for PLASTIC. It was ADVERTISED as glass so this is false advertising on the part of the vendor. I do believe this is illegal....

2) My first inquiry occurred the 2nd week of September...do NOT tell me this problem was not known then. You better believe it was. THEN I posted here. No response. I called every 3 days, spoke to a CS manager, sent an email and NOTHING. Again, am I supposed to believe that NO ONE KNEW WHAT WAS GOING ON?! Please.

3) IMHO, the company is NOT fulfilling their promise regarding this order as it was supposed to be glass AND ship out in November. In my situation, these were being used as wedding reception table decor as well as giving the bride and groom the other glass balls for the tree; all orders (and there were many) have been cancelled and sent back. As long as we the customers ACCEPT this behavior from a vendor and QVC, it will continue. I encourage everyone to cancel their order and if you ONLY purchased the Xmas balls to get the pumpkins, send the Xmas order back as well. The fact that they are PLASTIC would have ticked us all big time when we opened the box, let me tell ya.

What a disgrace on the part of Luminara. How do you screw up THIS badly on something, you know? And THEN, to NOT offer the customer some sort of compensation especially with such a late arrival date AND switching plastic for glass?! 

Pathetic.