Super Contributor

Lori Greiner Illuminated Holiday Water Lantern

I saw these presented last night for the first time and I'm not sure how I missed them last year.  Item number is H217299.  I ordered last night as I find it hard to resist anything that even resembles a snow globe.  They "sold out" last night but looks like some are available this morning, most likely due to people changing their mind, etc.

They appear to be well-made and lovely.  Does anyone have this latern?  Would love your opinion as I may order more for gifts.

Honored Contributor

Re: Lori Greiner Illuminated Holiday Water Lantern

Cute but no.

It doesn't pass my test for lit/battery items.

There are too many things to go wrong here. 

Water leaking after some time. 

Fan that blows the glitter quitting.

Lighting going out. 

These are the kinds of things I'm avoiding in any kind of decor. Sweet and cute, but I just don't want things I won't be happy with when the battery operated part of it fails (and it will, just a matter of when). When that happens this will just be an underwater snowman (or Christmas tree). 

Honored Contributor

Since these were sold last year, do you wonder why none of those reviews show now?

I know, I know, it's the 'because it has a new item#' excuse.

It's also to hide bad reviews.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Super Contributor

@KingstonsMom I wondered about that as well and she did say in the presentation that they were a different version this year.  I'll check them out when I receive and will hope they are as advertised and hold up well.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm kicking myself for ordering this - for all the reasons @Mominohio stated.I should had canceled while all the negatives were running thru my mind because

this morning was too late. Customer service said sorry, but the window to cancel orders has become very slim.

I'm going to start running this as soon as I receive it.  Hopefully if something goes wrong it will happen during the return time period.

@LoveMeSomeQVC  Good luck with yours.

Super Contributor

thanks @yellowrose.  I did find some reviews on a very similar water lantern offered earlier by Lori.  Mostly favorable, but some were glitchy so I think it's a great idea to start running it when we receive it.  Good to have the extended holiday return period in play.  I've linked those previous reviews below:

https://www.qvc.com/Illuminated-Water-Lantern-by-Lori-Greiner.product.H215910.html

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Since these were sold last year, do you wonder why none of those reviews show now?

I know, I know, it's the 'because it has a new item#' excuse.

It's also to hide bad reviews.

QVC is famous for bringing back the same thing with a new item number, when the reviews or reception has been rather poor. 

They get away with it by adding a new color or making some little change, but the whole thing is a bit underhanded in my opinion. 

Great thing is, right now we have months to see if an item is going to live up to our expectations. This is the time to try something you are uncertain about. Lots of time to decide.

Super Contributor

Yes, @Mominohio I'm excited to get them and try them out with plenty of time to be sure they work and hold up.  One of my all-time favorite Q purchases (have several myself and have given as gifts, always with a great response) is H205346, the 14" Illuminated Glitter Tree by Valerie.  The lantern reminds me of Valerie's tree and I have had those for 3 years and they still work great and have that "wow" factor that makes people want to know where I got them. Very mesmerising - particularly the clear one!

Respected Contributor

I got some similar to this with a Halloween theme a few years ago and the fan that makes the snow circulate broke very quickly. I hope they have improved the quality since then.