Regular Contributor

Looking forward to CIJ-some of your previous favorites

If this past weekend is the beginning, we are in for a treat. My only regret is not staying up. I missed on the deers with messages. See that angel topper that went in 10 minutes? Gotta be quick!  I have gotten some beautiful pieces in previous CIJ. Remember the temptations red with snowflakes casserole with the carrier and the cutiest ever snowman mugs? What's some of your favorite CIJ purchases?

Regular Contributor
Contributor

Re: Looking forward to CIJ-some of your previous favorites

I am looking for the 3 choice of Kringle elves that were on last year  I ordered one then thought it wasnt in my budget now I cant find them any place anyone know where I can find one?  Thanks for your time

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@vaberry wrote:

If this past weekend is the beginning, we are in for a treat. My only regret is not staying up. I missed on the deers with messages. See that angel topper that went in 10 minutes? Gotta be quick!  I have gotten some beautiful pieces in previous CIJ. Remember the temptations red with snowflakes casserole with the carrier and the cutiest ever snowman mugs? What's some of your favorite CIJ purchases?

I bought those casserole dishes with carry bag and bought several for gifts that year.  I have those tall big snowmen mugs from Temptations as well. 

This year cutting down and over did last Christmas.  But I purchased a cermaic angel for the table and sitting by a loved ones ashes and I think Mr. Christmas and also the 4 nostalgic ornaments or use as a display that were 44 last year and got for less than 20 this year.  I did good so far.  I'm waiting closer to Christmas and hoping to do some bill to ship to to save on postage this year to family elsewhere.  Also, when I buy too early I then over do.  

Esteemed Contributor

I was interested in the Gingerbread trai....but it sold out overnight too...

That's OK though....because I didn't know where I was going to put it anyway...LOL

Valued Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

That's OK though....because I didn't know where I was going to put it anyway...LOL

I purchased valerie's TSV but I can't think of anyplace I can put it.Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

My all-time favorite purchase is the garland that I bought several years ago with jingle bells, pine cones and different kinds of greenery and twigs.  Those are my primary decoration for the holidays and they still look great even though some of the bits have fallen off.  

Remember the snow globes that included Valerie playing carols on the piano?  I haven't used those for a few years.  I need to get them out this year.

Honored Contributor

@Bella2022 wrote:

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I purchased valerie's TSV but I can't think of anyplace I can put it.Smiley Sad

@Bella2022   If you are speaking of where ot display it, I think it would look great in a Winter scene.  I wish Valerie hadn't put the ornament ring on it, but that can be covered with something.

If you are speaking of where to store it, can't help you as I have failed in that regard, lol.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nutcrackers

One of my favs is a set of 3 expensive-looking porcelain nutcrackers that LR offered in one of her last years with Q.  I normally don't like nutcrackers because they creep me out, but these looked more to me like classic toy soldiers.  They came in cream & gold or multi color. I got the cream.

ETA: This pic does not do them justice.

I also love the little glass bird clips she offered. I got some in rich brown and some in silver.  The silver ones look good on my tree and the brown look good in my woodland scenes above my kitchen cabinets.

~Quack

Honored Contributor

@Quackeroo wrote:

Nutcrackers

One of my favs is a set of 3 expensive-looking porcelain nutcrackers that LR offered in one of her last years with Q.  I normally don't like nutcrackers because they creep me out, but these looked more to me like classic toy soldiers.  They came in cream & gold or multi color. I got the cream.

ETA: This pic does not do them justice.

I also love the little glass bird clips she offered. I got some in rich brown and some in silver.  The silver ones look good on my tree and the brown look good in my woodland scenes above my kitchen cabinets.

~Quack

@Quackeroo 

I love that you posted this. I have a story about these. 

I saw these the year they came out and ordered right away. I had always been attracted to nutcrackers/soldiers, but never really found ones I liked. Either too mean looking or not colors I loved. When I saw these, it was THE perfect look. 

I started with these, and completely revamped my living room holiday decor to gold and ivory, and brough in other soldiers in the same colors (that great big metal one) and other gold things like gold drums. I love it because it is easily left up beyond Christmas with some greens and pine cones and candles. I just love these! They are one of my favorite purchases too, and I don't think I will ever tire of them.