Honored Contributor

Kitchen and dining room Christmas decor

Here is what I've done in the kitchen and dining room for this year 20161128_182544.jpgthis is a part of my Rowe pottery collection . I have a lot of this line and have been collecting it for over 30 years. no matter how my tastes change l never get tired of it. these are my Santa's and snowmen.

Honored Contributor

Re: Kitchen and dining room Christmas decor

20161128_183222.jpg

Honored Contributor

20161128_182731.jpg

Honored Contributor

The pictures are lovely and you have beautiful taste.  I am totally ignorant on this.  Are these minitures?  Please explain.  Thank you in advance.  Like I said, they are beautiful as are your arrangements.

Honored Contributor

20161128_182847.jpgthis is what I did with the one porcelain bell I kept. there is greens and dark red mg ornaments inside 

Esteemed Contributor

Very lovely. I love the pink theme in the one picture. Thank you.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

Very nice.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio

oh just beautiful and I can feel the emotion you have decorating with special pieces & memories attached to them.

I have to say I gave my Dickens Village to my son & DIL when I moved 7 yrs ago --  imagine my surprise when my GD Skypedwith me yesterday and said "look grandmom we put up your Christmas village" - daddy said it was the best Christmas memory from when he was little and we put out your mr & mrs santa (mechanical). Oh boy a "warm & fuzzy moment😂For me".  (And here I thought they be in the basement packed forever).

keep the pics coming - I love seeing them & memories too!

PS: I had the same hutch (was my mom's) boy do I miss these pieces!

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

20161128_183222.jpg

@Mominohio

LOL! We must have the same taste! I have that same platter plus the square salad plates and mugs to match. I'm nit using them this year beacause I have so much and things must rotate year to year. But count on me to buy anything with cardinals on it.

I have jury duty tomorrow and can't finish up my decorating but I'll be posting pics later this week

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Mominohio

oh just beautiful and I can feel the emotion you have decorating with special pieces & memories attached to them.

I have to say I gave my Dickens Village to my son & DIL when I moved 7 yrs ago --  imagine my surprise when my GD Skypedwith me yesterday and said "look grandmom we put up your Christmas village" - daddy said it was the best Christmas memory from when he was little and we put out your mr & mrs santa (mechanical). Oh boy a "warm & fuzzy moment😂For me".  (And here I thought they be in the basement packed forever).

keep the pics coming - I love seeing them & memories too!

PS: I had the same hutch (was my mom's) boy do I miss these pieces!

Your village story gives me hope for the future @homedecor1!

I have saved quite a bit of Christmas stuff that was gifted to my son over the years (much of it very nice). It takes up space that I'm not happy about. It will be wonderful to pass it on to him and I hope he has the great memories that your son does, as we used it every year for the first 18 of his life.

The hutch is my mom's too. I say is because she is still with us, but she gave it to me about 28 years ago when she sold her big house. I'm sure it looks 'out of style' to many and in all honesty, I see styles I find more appealing, but I can't see ever parting with this one, as it has such sentimental value to me. My mom used to choose the houses we moved to, based on them having room to fit this hutch. If the dining room wasn't big enough, we weren't going to live there!