Respected Contributor

Re: JULY 1 CHRISTMAS PURCHASES HAVE SHIPPED/POST FEEDBACK HERE

@froggy wrote:

@Regal Bee wrote:

I received my tabletop Santa (the smaller version of the TSV) in red and it is fabulous! I am so pleased with it. I popped the batteries in to check the lights and it is so pretty on our island. Wish I had ordered the Nutcracker, now. 

Also received my Valerie tree but will not open for a few days....just too busy right now.

Aww shucks. I went to look at the Santa and apparently the tabletop sizes are sold out. 

@Regal Beeyou evil woman, you made me want one!

@froggy  They are just gorgeous! My husband is loving the lights on ours....he is a light nut. Keep checking on the Santa.....sometimes, I find that things just turn up.

Sorry for being evil.....................Smiley Tongue

Respected Contributor

@KailaS wrote:

I did not order items that were presented ( that I remember) but I did order a set of Valerie’s three illuminated wax snowmen in blue that I found on the site last Sunday.  The snowmen look just like the photo, so they illuminate only in the middle, but they are about six inches or so tall.  I am pleased with them.

@KailaS, how is the painting on these snowmen?  I always have fabulous luck buying my staff gifts during CIJ & am hoping a couple sets of these could be it.  I zoomed the pic & the painting looked iffy.  Hope you can report good painting!  

Trusted Contributor

@BornToShop

I know what you mean about iffy painting.   I have had both hit and miss experiences over the years.  On the set I just received, the left eye on one snowman has a minor problem.  But overall, the set I just received is fine.   Good luck if you order them.  I actually was pleased by the size and chunkiness of the set.

Frequent Contributor

@Regal Bee@mousiegirl

My sister received the oversized Snowman TSV I ordered for her- or her “mail order husband “ as she called him!  She loves him!   Easy to put together and so nice!  Now I want him too!

Respected Contributor

So far the news is not good regarding the luminara tealights in the mini lanterns. I have six and 3 of them have gone out after 2 or three days. I don't see how they can claim 200 hours when there are so many complaints about the battery life. I really don't know if it is the batteries or the engineering of the tealights themselves. I will just get some regular flickering tealights which I have used with no problems in the past.

I ordered a couple of sets of the cream lanterns. I think I will put some little lit cardinals in those - the cardinals flicker also and I have used them for the past two years. They use the same batteries and last for weeks.

Esteemed Contributor

@froggy, Oh no, that is terrible battery life on your new Luminara tealights!  How disappointing and frustrating.  At least you have a plan you can live with, but I'd be so tempted to send them right back. 

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@froggy, Oh no, that is terrible battery life on your new Luminara tealights!  How disappointing and frustrating.  At least you have a plan you can live with, but I'd be so tempted to send them right back. 

No, never planned to send them back even though I'm disappointed. I love the little lanterns enough to keep them. The real looking flame was not the major attraction. I'm going over to Amazon to see what kind of tealights I can find.

Honored Contributor

@LIG1 wrote:

@mousiegirl--- I love reading about what everyone is purchasing even if I'm not seeing anything that I just have to have right now. I wanted to tell @froggy though, how much I love and adore her precious little Connemara Marble nativity set! Someday I'm going to talk myself into ordering that one, too!

@I also wanted to mention that I noticed @Susan Louise hasn't posted since February (I believe).  I hope she is ok and I just wanted to say that I missed her here.HeartSmiley Sad 

I hope everyone enjoy's their Christmas in July finds!HeartSmiley Happy

@LIG1@  @SusanLouise.  Susan has been off of here quite a bit in the past couple of years so I hope she's just taking a break this time, as well. I haven't been here much lately either so I need to catch up with everyone and see what's going on with all of you. 

CIJ didn't appeal to me on the 1st but I'm sure some new temptations will show up during the month. I was shocked that Valerie didn't show any new Reindeer.  That's one of my weaknesses.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

Q certainly got things mailed quickly, but I won't receive anything until next week, but will post my comments here about them.

@mousiegirl  I guess I missed a post of yours.  What did you cave and buy?  I had so much going on that I didn't get to watch much and didn't need anything from Valerie. I have most of what she showed, at least that I like enough to buy.

Honored Contributor

I ordered nothing as I wanted to 1) wait for reviews on some items and 2) wait for free shipping. Today I popped on QVC.com while waiting for the family to wake up (we're on vacation, lol) and TADA!! FREE SHIPPING. Let's just say a HUGE amount of stuff is now coming my way for the holidays,lol (decor and gifts).

We won't be back for awhile but those watching over the house will be notified when items are scheduled to arrive. 

I look forward to seeing what everyone purchased and how you love (or hate) it.