Trusted Contributor

Re: I am ready to xmas shop!

Yep, I always start shopping with the Christmas in July shows. I love Christmas shopping. That's my happy place.

Trusted Contributor

@ninjawife We have our Harvest Festival in a couple weeks. I can't wait. There's always lots of Christmas gift ideas. One of my favorite days of the year. 

Honored Contributor

I'm pretty much done unless something else strikes me.  We don't have a lot to buy, basically just our adult kids and I always give them a nice gift card and a few practical gifts.  They love jigsaw puzzles so that's a given every year!   I also bought them each a Curtis Stone pan (on HSN) with matching cooking utensils to go with the color of the pan.  It was a sale and free shipping!   I buy during the year so I have zero stress at the holidays.  That's  my time to enjoy Smiley Happy  

Respected Contributor

@ScrapHappy wrote:

I Christmas shop year round.  If I see something I think someone may like, I pick it up.  Especially if it's on sale.  The other day I picked up a Pandora charm for my daughter and it was 30% off.  I also bought the Philosophy TSV today for myself and my daughter.  Husband and I exchange little gifts as we usually put the money towards the house or a vacation.  I have to get moving on Christmas stocking stuffers though.

@ScrapHappy DH and I stopped exchanging gifts when both our daughters were little.  We go out with friends for dinner to celebrate our birthdays so no gifts then either.  

We also stopped exchanging gifts with the adults in the family when our daughters were little.  I don't have any nieces or nephews but I do have two godaughters.  When they became adults we stopped exchanging gifts and now I only give a gift card to my one goddaughter's daughter.  

That leaves only my two daughters and my BFF to buy gifts for.  I do tend to buy one big gift, five small gifts and a gift card to each daughter. I also had a gift exchange at work but I started a new job in August so I don't know if my office will do a gift exchange. 

Honored Contributor

@ninjawife 

That pet portrait idea is a wonderful idea!  

I'm sure she will be thrilled!!!

Respected Contributor

For the past ten years, my gift list has been shrinking as the children of my extended family reached adulthood, after which we don't buy them gifts.  HOWEVER, a grandchild was born this month, so for the first time in a long time, I can buy a gift for a little one.  Since I just sent a baby gift, I probably won't buy a Christmas gift for him this year, but the next few years should be fun.

Honored Contributor

I don't Christmas shop.  I just give cash, except to my friend who is in a senior care home.

Everyone is happy, there is no exchanges, no donating because I gave something they did like or want and no stress on my part.

Unless the recipient is a young child, they probably have way too much stuff anyway and even though they are appreciative of your gifts, cash is probably a better fit.

I also ask my friends and family to not give me any gifts.  I don't need anything or want for anything.  I just want their company.

So far, everyone is happy about this arrangement....especially me.

Trusted Contributor

I enjoy Christmas shopping. I, too, am always on the lookout so I already have a few things. If I am buying clothes I usually wait until closer to the holiday so there is no issue returning when I am buying from a brick and mortar store. I also like picking out wrapping paper, ribbon and Christmas cards. I am looking forward to watching QVC this weekend. Smiley Happy