Contributor

Re: Holiday lock and lock TSV

Does anyone know the actual size of the containers?  Thanks

Honored Contributor

No one on my gift list would be interested in the L n L containers.  I have so much L  n L that it would not be wise for me to order just for the bags even though they are cute.  

Honored Contributor

@gjc57 wrote:

I am disappointed with this set of LandL for Christmas. I buy them every year for home made goodies to give to my friends.  These are too large for what I need. I guess I will buy from Hobby lobby this year. 

We really don't know the size yet. I can't imagine they are much different in size than the past several years. The containers might be slightly larger but many of us wanted something slightly larger in the containers. I think they were around three cups or a little more in the past. Five cups would be great. I'd imagine the bags are the same size as past years, but it's premature to say too big, as we don't have sizes yet.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

Thanks for sharing all the designs, @Mominohio. Once again, the set is too whimsical for my taste (and gift recipient list), but I like the containers a lot, so I'll probably be buying anyway. I think I'd rather have plain bags than bags with such cutesy patterns; perhaps a future option could be traditional bags versus critter bags. Time to drop a note to Chris on Instagram, it seems...  Smiley Happy

@mspatmac - The bags that come in the set are like the coated fabric totes you typically can buy at the grocery store for a couple dollars apiece—hope that helps!

@loriqvc 

As usual, I'm only excited about half the patterns. I usually buy two sets, just for the containers, use the 'ugly to me' bags to haul things back and forth to my mom's house or to and from the basement, and give the bags I actually like out as gifts. I end up keeping most of the containers for me! I will have to wait to see the sizes of the containers but I'm super excited about the containers this year. 

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

Well, I wanted larger containers, but these may be too large for my needs!!  Maybe line with tissue paper and then fill with my goodies. I don't love whimsy on any holiday item, but I use these bags as a holder to carry smaller gifts to other's homes. They are made well and can hold quite a bit of bulk.  Wonder what the price will be??

@corita 

I was wondering if they could do these for the same price as past years, my guess is no, they will be slightly higher. We don't know the size of the containers yet. I'm hoping they are slightly bigger than what we have gotten in the past, like around five cups would be good. The original round ones were too small, you crushed stuff trying to get a nice amount inside. 

I'm sure the containers aren't as big as people are imagining them to be.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio - I just looked at Chris' Instagram photo showing the rectangular pieces, and this was what she posted in response to a question about the capacity and whether both styles are handled: "both have handles about 5 cups each."  Smiley Happy

I've decided that the nice thing about the handled containers is that they don't really need the bags as much as the other versions that are just bowls—they already seem more special, which I like. And having six instead of five this time is also great!

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@Mominohio - My guess is that the round ones are four-cup containers based on their size in relation to the bags; it's harder to tell the capacity of the rectangular ones, but it's likely that they're similar. I posted a question for Chris on Instagram asking if she's allowed to share the container capacity ahead of time. I'll share details here if/when she responds.

I've decided that the nice thing about the handled containers is that they don't really need the bags as much as the other versions that are just bowls—they already seem more special, which I like. And having six instead of five this time is also great!

@loriqvc 

Thanks so much for asking Chris for the capacities on the containers. I'm sure they aren't as big as many people are thinking they are, they simply wouldn't be affordable in such a  big set if they were more than four or five cups each, nor would they fit in the bags very well, assuming the bags are the same size as years past!

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio - It looks like I wasn't quite quick enough in editing my previous post, as you were already replying to it—see above for the latest details from Chris.  Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@corita wrote:

Well, I wanted larger containers, but these may be too large for my needs!!  Maybe line with tissue paper and then fill with my goodies. I don't love whimsy on any holiday item, but I use these bags as a holder to carry smaller gifts to other's homes. They are made well and can hold quite a bit of bulk.  Wonder what the price will be??

@corita 

I was wondering if they could do these for the same price as past years, my guess is no, they will be slightly higher. We don't know the size of the containers yet. I'm hoping they are slightly bigger than what we have gotten in the past, like around five cups would be good. The original round ones were too small, you crushed stuff trying to get a nice amount inside. 

------------

Thanks for info!!  Will have to see them during the

presentation.  Always thought past years' selections were too small.  I fill them with wrapped candy; it would get squashed!  Hopefully these will be just right!!

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@corita wrote:

@corita 

------------

Thanks for info!!  Will have to see them during the

presentation.  Always thought past years' selections were too small.  I fill them with wrapped candy; it would get squashed!  Hopefully these will be just right!!

@corita 

Looks like Chris has said these are about 5 cups each. Sweet spot in size for me, for this size bag!