Honored Contributor

So pretty, and what a perfect and special gift. 

I love hand made gifts, especially when they are this beautiful.

Esteemed Contributor

@onlyshopsonline Very beautiful. I bet it was fun, too. I'm certain your family will treasure it. Heart

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

@onlyshopsonline wrote:

Thank you all for your kind words. I took quilting classes a few years ago, and started quilting at the beginning of 2018. 

I’ve really enjoyed the projects I’ve done. 

@onlyshopsonline, did you do hand quilting or machine quilting?  I have always wanted to learn quilting, your quilts are lovely!

Honored Contributor

The lap quilt is beautiful.  You are very talented.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

@onlyshopsonline wrote:

Thank you all for your kind words. I took quilting classes a few years ago, and started quilting at the beginning of 2018. 

I’ve really enjoyed the projects I’ve done. 

@onlyshopsonline, did you do hand quilting or machine quilting?  I have always wanted to learn quilting, your quilts are lovely!

@Hooty  I did a simple machine quilt, just using my walking foot and the straight stitch on my sewing machine.  I learned how to hand quilt, years ago.....not interested in doing that anymore LOL.  

I usually hand stitch my bindings.  But, since I know this quilt will probably get washed and used, I machine sewed my binding.

I took some classes in free motion machine quilting, but haven't practiced much, so I didn't want to ruin a gift.  Just a simple straight stitch worked out well.  I'd love to have a long arm quilting machine, but that is not in the budget.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"